The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) of India has declared the scheme for girl students. The announcement made tells about the offering to single girl’s student scholarship, if they attain more than 60% marks in their exam.
This step will help the female student’s parents to empower them. The requirement of this scheme is that a single girl child should have scored at least 60% or 6.2CGPA in their 10th standard exam. To get benefit from this scheme fill the form before 15th November.
It is only for those female candidates who are interested in continuing their education further in the 11th or 12th standard. The education board wants to make it certain, that the limited CBSE girls’ scholarship funds are not utilized by the candidates who don’t need them.
To make sure about this condition, there is another clause in CBSE scholarship notification which says that any girl child whose tuition fee is more than Rs.1500 per month shall not be benefitted under this scheme. The NRI single girl child student will also get the benefit from this scheme if her tuition fee is less than Rs.6000.
This scholarship will be only given for maximum period of two years and renewal of scholarship will be made in the case, if girl attains at least 50% marks in 11th standard. The scholarship will be given as Rs.500 every month.
Procedure to apply for CBSE Scholarship:
- A single girl child who has passed her CBSE examination of 10th class can apply if she is Indian National by birth.
- The girl should continue her education in 11th class in CBSE affiliated schools only. She can opt for top courses after 12th standard.
- The online form is available on CBSE website (cbse.nic.in) which should be filled and submitted only by 15th November.
- The form can be downloaded and attested by the School Principal.
- All the requested affidavits are to be sent to the scholarship unit of CBSE in New Delhi.