Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) University conducts Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam (VITEEE) to offer admission in various courses under B.Tech programmes. VITEEE Participating Institutes 2018 are its four different campuses located at Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal, and Amravati. The application forms are available now. The examination will be conducted from 4th April 2018. There will 20 different courses offered under the B.Tech programme.
The application form can be obtained from both, online and offline mode. Candidates are required to book their slots prior to the exam to download their admit card. Slot booking will start from the third week of March 2018.
This examination will take place in 125 cities, in India and Abroad. The result will get declared on 25th April 2018. Candidates will be invited for the counselling process if they are in the merit list. They need to be present in the counselling center in person. The complete information like VITEEE 2018 Notification, exam dates, eligibility criteria, application form and application fee, registration, SLOT BOOKING, admit card, Exam Pattern, Syllabus etc, are mentioned in the article below.
Key points related to VITEEE 2018
- The basic eligibility for this examination is that candidate should have passed 12th standard with 60% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and maths/biology.
- The question paper contains the question from three subjects namely Physics, chemistry and mathematics/biology.
- The exam paper comprises of 125 multiple choice questions from physics, chemistry and mathematics/biology.
- The application form of this examination can be filled either online or offline.
- The conducting body of this examination is VIT University.
- Course offered is B.Tech.
- The official website of VITEEE 2018 is www.vit.ac.in.
- A total number of seats available for various branches in B.Tech are 5000.
VITEEE 2018 Exam Dates
The important dates related to VITEEE 2018 examination are given in the table below. The online mode of an exam i.e. computer-based exam will take place in three sessions each day from 4th April to 15th April 2018.
|1||Availability of VITEEE Application Form||November 9, 2017|
|2||Editing in Online Application Form||February 2018|
|3||Dates for VITEEE Slot Booking 2018||March 2018|
|4||VITEEE 2018 Admit Card will be available from||March 2018|
|5||VITEEE 2018 Exam Dates||April 4 to 15, 2018|
|6||Announcement of VITEEE 2018 Result||April 2018|
|7||Dates for VITEEE Counselling 2018||2nd & 3rd week of May 2018|
The candidates have the option to select and book their preferred slots for taking the exam during online slot booking process. After the completion of slot booking process, the e-admit card will get generated.
VITEEE 2018 Exam Sessions
This examination will be conducted in three sessions each day. Candidates are required to book their slots till the given date and select the session in which they are interested to appear. Three sessions will be conducted in the morning, afternoon and in the evening. The timings of each session are given below:
- Session 1 will be held from 9 am to 11:30 am.
- Session 2 will be held from 12:30 pm to 3 pm.
- Session 3 will be held from 4 pm to 6:30 pm.
VITEEE Application form 2018
The application form for this examination will be available on both the modes online and offline. Candidates can fill their application form by referring the procedures mentioned below. The offline application form is scheduled to be available from 9th November 2018.
Candidates are required to keep ready some documents, which will be used while filling the application form.
To fill online application form
The candidate can register to fill the online application form. Here are the steps which will guide the candidate to fill online application form successfully.
1. VITEEE Registration 2018
- Candidate needs to visit the official website vits.ac.in
- Then click on the Apply button for VITEEE 2018.
- Next click on new registration.
- On submitting successfully, the login details will be available.
2. Fill the application form
- After registration, candidates need to fill the details like educational qualification, contact information, and personal information.
3. Uploading the documents
- After filling the details, upload the documents. Upload the recent photograph. The photograph should be a passport size colored photograph having dimension 3.5×4.5 cm of size between 10 kb to 200 kb, in JPG/JPEG format.
- Also, upload the signature. The signature should have been made from the black pen on white paper. It should have dimension 3.5×4.5 cm of size between 10 kb to 200 kb, in JPG/JPEG format.
- Next, upload the father’s signature with same specifications.
- Provide any of the valid ID from the following, passport, adhaar card, voter ID card, License, Pan card, school or college ID and principal’s certificate.
4. Submit the application fee
After submitting the application form, the applicant needs to pay the application fee of Rs. 1150 via debit card/credit card or through net banking.
To fill the offline application form of VITEEE 2018
- The candidates can get the VITEEE 2018 application form, from Vellore or Chennai campus through demand draft of Rs. 1200 in the favour of “VIT University” payable at Vellore.
- The application form can also be received from the designated post office by paying Rs.1200.
- Candidates are required to fill the OMR application form meticulously and sent it in an envelope at this address:
Vellore-632014, Tamil Nadu, India.
- They should also send a photograph (affixed at the place specified) and sign at the specified place. The signature of parents or guardians is also required.
- The filled in application form can be sent through the registered post or speed post. Candidate will get an SMS regarding the receipt of application form of VITEEE 2018.
VITEEE 2018 Application Fee
For VITEEE 2018, the application fee varies with the mode of application you choose. For the application fees of VITEEE 2018, applicants can refer to the application fee given below. The application fee for the NRI applicants is 50 USD, drawn in the favour of the University.
- For online application, form candidate needs to pay Rs.1150.
- For an offline application, form candidate needs to pay Rs.1200.
- Applicants paying the application fees online don’t need to send the hard copy of the application form to the University.
VITEEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must check the VIT University guidelines regarding the eligibility criteria and conditions before applying for VITEEE examination. Only you abide by the VITEEE Eligibility Criteria 2018, you are allowed to get admission for the four-year B. Tech. Programme.
The eligibility criteria for VITEEE 2018 Examination is as follows
NRI, Indian Nationals and Foreign National – regardless of the nationality, everyone can apply for VITEEE 2018. OCI and PIO holders are also eligible for this examination. It is mandatory for the foreign applicant to apply through the foreign category.
To be eligible for VITEEE 2018, the candidate’s birth date should be after JULY 1, 1997.
- Academic Qualifications
Applicant should be 12th passed, having 60% aggregate marks in Science stream, i.e. Chemistry, physics and Maths/ Biology. Applicants belonging to the SC/ ST, J & K migrants and North-Eastern parts of India have the relaxation of 20% aggregate marks. Applicants from National Institute of Open Schooling are also eligible for this examination.
VITEEE Slot Booking 2018
From the second week of the March, the online VITEEE 2018 Slot Booking will be started. To be able to attempt the VITEEE 2018 Examination, it is important for the candidate to book a slot. There are three different slots which are as morning, evening and noon slots. The preference of the slot booking is given on first come first serve basis. With the selection of slots, the applicant is also required to choose the exam center and test date for VITEEE 2018 examination.
The details for the VITEEE 2018 Slot Booking are
- Online Mode
The VITEEE 2018 Slot can only be booked through the official website of VIT University, vit.a.cin. This facility isn’t available offline.
- Real-Time Window
The VITEEE 2018 OTBS will be a real-time application. Applicant should ensure that he/she fills the application form in just one minute because the booking window is open just for the one-minute duration.
- First Come, First Serve Basis
The slots are booked on the basis of first come first serve. One should book his/ her slot as soon as possible to get the desired slot.
- One-Time Opportunity
Applicants should be careful while making the choice of the slot because they will get only one chance to book their slots.
VITEEE 2018 Admit card
The admit card will generate automatically while booking the slot. The slot booking will be performed in the month of March 2018. Candidate will get to download it while booking the slots. It is advised to take out copies of the admit card, as it is an important document which will allow the candidate to give the exam.
Once the admit card is downloaded, candidates should check all the details mentioned in it line Father’s name, signature, photograph, exam center, roll number, etc. In case of discrepancy, the candidate can contact exam conducting authority of VIT University.
Steps to download the admit card:
- Visit the official website of VITEEE 2018 i.e. vit.ac.in
- Then, go to VIT online test booking system.
- Enter application form number, online test booking password, and security code.
- Next, click on the Login button.
- Click on Book a seat option after reading the instructions.
- Select the test name, state, exam city, subjects, available slots, exam center name.
- Click on Book slot on the slot table that will appear on the screen.
- Confirm the secured slot by clicking on the confirm button.
- VITEEE 2018 Admit card will be displayed and the additional copy of it will be mailed to the candidate on the email id provided during the application process.
VITEEE 2018 Exam Center
VITEEE 2018 will be conducted in India as well as in Abroad. The number of test centers is expected to be located in 119 cities. The international centers will be located in Dubai, Kuwait, and Muscat.
Candidates can choose their interested exam center at the time of slot booking, the slot booking process will take place in March 2018. They need to mention the choice of VITEEE 2018 exam center by entering the code of that exam center in the online or offline application form.
The candidates are required to confirm their choice by choosing the state and city during the online slot booking process.
Steps to choose the exam centers
- Visit the official website of VITEEE 2018 i.e. vit.ac.in
- Click on the “Book a Seat” option.
- Select the state and city
- Select other details like a session of an exam and test centers.
- The seat availability on that day and session will be visible below. They can click on Book to confirm the booking of a seat.
- Candidates can choose different exam center and slot if a center is already filled.
- Once the slot has been selected and booked, it will not get changed in any circumstances.
- After completing the slot booking process, candidates will get a mail. VITEEE Exam pattern 2018.
This exam will be conducted for 2.5 hours in three sessions each day. Candidates will need to answer 120 questions from the syllabus of 10+2 level under CBSE Board or state board of higher education. Here are points which highlight the exam pattern of VITEEE 2018.
- The time duration of exam will be 2 hours 30 minutes.
- There will be multiple choice questions.
- For every right answer, one mark will be allotted.
- There is no negative marking in this exam.
- The mode of examination is Online.
- There will be total four choices.
- The mediums of question paper will be English
- There will be four sections namely Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English.
Sectional pattern of VITEEE 2018
The points mentioned below will show the sectional pattern of questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology and English. There will be no negative marking for the wrong answers. The pattern has to be selected during the slot booking process.
- For Physics there will be 40 questions.
- For Chemistry, there will be 40 questions.
- For Mathematics there will be 40 questions.
- For English, there will be 5 questions.
VITEEE 2018 Syllabus
The question paper for this entrance test will have around 120 questions. These questions will be asked from the topics which come under Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, and English. Candidates can go through VITEEE syllabus to get an idea of the exam pattern and track their preparations. All the topics belong to the subjects of 10+2 levels.
Syllabus for Mathematics:
- Metrics and their applications.
- Trigonometry and complex numbers.
- Analytics and dimensions.
- Vector Algebra.
- Analytical Geometry of Three Dimensions.
- Differential calculus and its applications.
- Differential equations.
- Probability distributions and discrete mathematics.
Syllabus for Biology:
- Cell and molecular biology
- Genetics and evolution
- Human health and diseases.
- Plant physiology
- Human Physiology
- Biotechnology and its applications
- Biodiversity and ecology and environment
Syllabus for Chemistry:
- Atomic Structure
- p,d, and f – Block Elements
- Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry
- Chemical Equilibrium and Chemical Kinetics
- Electrochemistry, Isomerism in Organic Compounds
- Alcohols and Ethers
- Carbonyl Compounds
- Carboxylic Acids and their derivatives and Organic Nitrogen Compounds and Biomolecules (Carbohydrates – Distinction, Amino acids and Lipid)
Syllabus for Physics:
- Laws of Motion & Work
- Energy and Power
- Properties of Matter
- Current Electricity
- Effects of Electric Current
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Atomic Physics and Nuclear Physics Semiconductor Devices and their Applications
Syllabus for English
Multiple choice questions will be asked from this section. First three questions are based on the Short passage of (30-50) words or lines of poems of (2-3) or dialogue (2 exchanges). The other two questions will be based on English Grammar and Pronunciation.
VITEEE 2018 Sample Papers
It is recommended to the candidates to practice as much as sample question papers prior to VITEEE 2018. These papers will help you to know your preparation level and improve your weak areas.
Moreover, this will also make you clear about the pattern of exam. Candidates won’t get surprised in the paper. Candidates can attempt the questions by dividing their time accordingly. VIT University will release the official mock test series ner to the VITEEE 2018 exam date.
VITEEE 2018 Result
The result is going to be declared in the last week of April 2018. Candidates are required to visit the official website of VITEEE to see their result. The merit list of VITEEE 2018 will be prepared on the basis of the result. The rank attained by the candidates will be informed through SMS on the registered mobile number.
Equating methodologies will be followed to prepare the result of VITEE 2018. It is a statistical process that adjusts the test score according to the exam norms, so the scores on the forms can be used interchangeably. Thus, equating is followed to adjust the scores of the candidates who have taken different forms of the test, in order to provide the fair and meaningful comparison for the merit list and ranking of these candidates.
The statistical procedure of equi-percentile equating would be used to know the percentile ranks for the candidates, such that the score on the various forms with the same percentile rank is considered to be equivalent.
Hence, percentile rank is a unique and invariant position of the exam taker in that group. A percentile rank, for example, a 90 percentile rank denotes that there is 90 percent of test takers scores below this score level and 10 percents are above this test score.
Steps to check VITEEE 2018 result
Candidates can follow the steps given below to check their result and download it.
- Visit the official website of VITEEE 2018 i.e. vit.ac.in
- Click the link “VITEEE result 2018.”
- Enter the 10 digit roll number and date of birth.
- The result will get displayed on the screen.
VITEEE 2018 Counselling
The counselling process will start in the second week of May 2018 after the declaration of result. The counselling will be conducted in the two phases in Vellore or Chennai campus of VIT University. In case the seats remain vacant, another round will be conducted to fill the seats.
The candidates will get selected on the basis of the rank attained in the first phase of VITEEE counselling 2018. After selection, the candidate must submit Rs.50000 ( counselling fee include of Rs.10000) as an admission fee. The fee payment can be made through offline mode or online mode.
VITEEE 2018 Counselling procedure
The seat allotment will be based on the All India Rank of Candidates. Before appearing for the counselling process candidate needs to register at vit.ac.in. All the communication will take place over the call on the registered mobile number. Here are the steps of counselling procedure:
- Visit the VITEEE counselling center and verify all the documents.
- Slot and day-wise vacant seats will be updated by the VIT University.
- The date and time of counselling will not get change, under any circumstances.
- If a candidate fails to reach the counselling center, his or her seats will be offered to the candidate next in merit list.
- In special cases, the candidates will appear in the counselling process on a subsequent day. For this, the candidate needs to inform the VITEEE 2018 office. Moreover, candidates will have to accept the branch available at that time.
- If a candidate fails to provide the mark sheet before the scheduled day of counselling, he or she has to make an undertaking mentioning that, if they fail to provide the same as per the rules, then he/she will give up their seat.
Documents required during the counselling
Candidates are required to provide the original documents during the counselling procedure. Without these documents, candidates are not allowed to participate in the counselling. These documents will be returned after the verification. Here is the list of the same required:
- VITEEE 2018 e-admit card, counselling admit card and VITEEE result copy.
- Adhaar card copy with self-attested.
- 10th standard mark sheet as a proof of date of birth.
- 12th standard mark sheet and hall ticket of the candidates who are waiting for their results.
- Category certificate for SC/ST only.
- Nativity certificate for the applicants from Jammu and Kashmir and other not eastern states (Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura).
- Demand draft for Rs.50000 drawn in favour of VIT University, payable at Vellore office.
VITEEE 2018 Cut off
The cut off of VITEEE 2018 will be based on the factors like a number of candidates applying for this exam, a number of seats available and average score obtained by the candidates. Moreover, the previous years cut off will also be taken into the account while calculating the VITEEE cut off 2018.The cut off is not declared by the VIT University, each campus declares its opening and closing ranks.
Candidates in the top merit list (from 1 to 20000), are invited for participating the counselling process on a different day. Hence, the closing rank of a particular branch of B.Tech in the first phase can be termed as the cut off rank for that branch.
Candidate can refer to the points mentioned below to get an idea of VITEEE 2018 cut off.
- For marks obtained more than 118 the opening and closing ranks were 250 and 1, respectively.
- For marks obtained between, 111 to 118 the opening and closing ranks were 500 and 250, respectively.
- For marks obtained between, 91 to 111 the opening and closing ranks were 2500 and 501, respectively.
- For marks obtained between, 80 to 91 the opening and closing ranks were 2501 and 5000, respectively.
- For marks obtained between, 70 to 80 the opening and closing ranks were 5001 and 6500, respectively.
- For marks obtained between, 61 to 70 the opening and closing ranks were 6501 and 8500, respectively.
How to Prepare for VITEEE 2018
Before starting the preparation candidates are required to know about the syllabus briefly. This will help them to know about the type of question that is going to be asked. Moreover, they can plan and allocate their time accordingly.
Here are some of the VITEEE 2018 Preparation Tips for the aspiring candidates:
- Prior to preparation, get the detailed syllabus and pattern of exam.
- Prepare a timetable, which you need to follow on a daily basis.
- Follow Best Preparation Books for VITEEE exam.
- Know your weak and strong areas.
- Solve VITEEE Sample Papers 2018 after studying every topic.
- Try to practice as much as possible.
- Keep a positive attitude and don’t get distracted from your plans.
VITEEE 2018 Answer Key
The answer key of VITEEE 2018 will comprise of the correct answers for the questions asked in the exam. However, VIT University doesn’t release the answer key. In case, the university decides to release it, then it will get declared on the official website of VITEEE 2018. Generally, the answer key is provided by the various coaching institutes.
Candidate can use rank predictor to know their probable rank. This tool can be accessed from various online sources. Candidate will need to enter the expected score and the predictor tool will display their probable rank allowing the candidate to know their chance of admission.
VITEEE 2018 FAQs – Asked Questions
1. Can a diploma student get admission in VIT University?
Yes, diploma holders can get admission in B.Tech courses directly in the second year of engineering through later entry scheme. For this, the candidate needs to appear for the lateral entry test conducted by the VIT University and secure a good rank.
2. What is the exam pattern of VITEEE 2018?
The exam pattern is as follows:
- Total there will be 125 multiple choice questions. These questions will be asked from the subjects namely Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology, and English.
- For every right answer, one mark will be allotted to the candidate.
- There is no negative marking for the wrong answers.
- From physics, chemistry and mathematics/biology there will be 40 questions and from English, there will be 5 questions.
3. What is the syllabus of VITEEE 2018?
The syllabus covers all the topics which are taught in the 11th and 12th standard. To understand basic concepts one can refer to the NCERT books. Almost all the topics are covered in them. However, the students are required to practice some difficulty level questions too in order to score well. For more details on the syllabus of VITEEE 2018, refer to the syllabus section of this article.
4. What is the last date of examination of VITEEE 2018?
The exam date for VITEEE 2018 is between, 4th April 2018 to 15th April 2018. The examination will be computer based. For more details refer to the exam date section of this article.
5. How to score good marks in VITEEE 2018?
Candidate needs to have the good grip over NCERT textbooks and previous years VITEEE question papers. Moreover, proper time management is necessary to attempt maximum questions.