The Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE 2018) is administered by the Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU). This examination allows the candidates to get admission in various courses for under undergraduate and postgraduate programs. It is also called as the Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU). There are other names like AKTU/UPTU 2018 Entrance Exam used for the UPSEE. Through UPTU/UPSEE 2018 examination, the candidates can get admission in the first year of B.Tech/ B.Arch/ B.Pharm/ BHMCT/ BFAD/ BFA/ MBA/ MCA/ MAM. Moreover, it also admits the students in the second year of B.Tech/ B.Pharm/ MCA.
Candidates seeking the admission in the above mentioned courses in the affiliated colleges of AKTU are required to fill in the application form. Go through this article to get the complete information on UPTU/UPSEE 2018 notification like its application form, eligibility, application fee, counselling, exam pattern and syllabus.
UPTU/UPSEE 2018 Exam Dates
The eligible candidates can fill the UPTU/UPSEE 2018 application form through online mode. This application form will be available from 18th January 2018. Candidates should note that this examination will be conducted through pen and paper mode only. Go through the points mentioned below to know about other important details related to this exam.
- The commencement of application process will take place from 18th January 2018.
- The last date to submit the application form is 20th March 2018.
- The partial application form edit window will be available from 27th March 2018 to 29th March 2018.
- The admit cards will be available from 11th April to the date of examination.
- The UPSEE 2018 exam will take place on 23rd April 2018.
- The exam result will be declared on 30th May 2018.
The counselling process will be conducted after the declaration of results, by the APJAKTU, Lucknow. It will start from the 19th June 2018 and the result for the round 1 will be declared on 29th June 2018.
UPTU/UPSEE 2018 Eligibility
- Candidates can find the eligibility criteria for each programme below. The eligibility for admission in first-year academic courses and for second year courses (lateral entry) is given separately.
For Admission to 1st Year AKTU/UPTU Courses:
UPTU/UPSEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria for the first year AKTU/UPTU courses
- B.Tech/ B.Tech (Bio-Tech)/ B.Pharm
For the above mentioned courses the candidate needs to qualify the intermediate examination conducted by the Uttar Pradesh board or its equivalent. Candidate should have Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects for B.Tech and B.Pharm. For B.Tech (Bio-Tech) course candidate should have Physics and Mathematics/Biology as their subjects.
The minimum marks required to meet the eligibility for UPSEE 2018 exam are 45% in aggregate of three subjects. For SC/ST category 40% marks are required to meet the eligibility criteria.
- B.Arch (Agriculture Engineering)
For this course, the candidate needs to pass in 12th/Intermediate examination in the agricultural stream. The marks required to meet the eligibility of this examination should be not less than 45% in aggregate of three subjects. The SC/ST candidates need to pass with a minimum of 40% marks.
For this course, the student needs to pass in 12th/intermediate examination with mathematics and physics as compulsory subjects. The minimum marks required to meet the eligibility of UPSEE 2018 is 50% aggregate.
This course requires the candidates to have a bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration. The minimum marks required are 50% in graduation degree. For SC/ST candidates the minimum marks are 45%.
For this course, the candidates need to have passed the 12th/ intermediate examination in any stream. Moreover, the minimum marks required for this course under UPSEE 2018 exam is 45% aggregate marks in 12th. For SC/ST candidates the minimum mark is 40%.
For the admission in second year of AKTU/UPTU courses:
- B.Tech (I.E) and B.Pharm (LE)
For the B.Tech (I.E) course the students are required to pass a three-year diploma in engineering or B.Sc with mathematics as one of the subjects in 10+2. For B.Pharm course candidate needs to have a diploma in Pharmacy. The minimum mark required for both the above-mentioned courses is 45% in aggregate, and for the SC/ST candidates at least 40% marks are required.
- MCA (LE)
The candidates must have BCA. or B.Sc. (IT/Computer science) degree from a recognized institution. The minimum marks required for this course is 50% in aggregate in the qualifying examination and for the SC/ST candidates 45% are the minimum marks required.
For NRI candidates, UPTU/UPSEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria goes like this:
- The candidates who have qualified the CMAT/CAT/MAT examination are eligible to take admission in MBA under UPSEE 2018 exam.
- The applicants should have scored minimum 50% aggregate marks without grace marks in the degree programme from a recognized university.
- For the candidates who belong to SC/ST category, there is a 5% relaxation in the aggregate marks.
UPTU/UPSEE 2018 Application form
- The application form will be available through online mode only.
- The candidates who meet the eligibility criteria can fill the application form.
- The link to fill the application form will be available from the third week of January 2018.
- The closing date for the submission of application form will be in the fourth week of March 2018.
- After the successful submission of the application fee, the application form would be considered as complete.
- All the candidates are required to keep a scanned copy of the photograph, signature and left thumb impression.
- Candidates are required to verify all the details before clicking on the final submit key.
- After the successful submission of the form, the candidate needs to take out the application form in print form to keep it safe for future use.
The application fee is given below:
- From the General / OBC category, the male and transgender will have to pay Rs. 1000 for the application form.
- For SC/ST/Female/PWD category the candidate will have to pay Rs. 500 for the application form.
- The payment can be made via net banking, credit card/debit card.
Steps for UPTU/UPSEE 2018 Registration
The registration process involves three steps.
Step-1 UPTU/UPSEE 2018 Application Form filling
- Candidates are required to visit the official website (upsee.nic.in) of UPSEE and click on the “Apply” button.
- Then fill in the various details of personal, academic and communication.
- Mention the preference of exam centre for the UPSEE 2018.
- Next, the password and security question shall be automatically created. The application form number and password is generated, candidates should note it down for future use.
- In case the details filled are wrong or candidate is willing to make some change, there is an option to change it by clicking on “Application Edit” key.
- Carefully, verify all the details and then click on “Final Submit” key.
Step-2 uploading the documents
- To upload the photograph the applicant needs to click on the blank area.
- To upload the signature and browse the image from the computer, click on the blank area.
- To upload the left-hand thumb impression and browse it from the computer, click on the blank area.
- The recent coloured photograph should have a JPEG format, 100 Kb file size and dimensions of 3.5cm x 4.5cm.
- The signature format should be JPEG; file size can be maximum 30 Kb and dimension of 3.5cm x 1.5cm.
- Left-hand thumb impression format should be JPEG, the file size of 30 Kb and dimensions of 3.5cm x 1.5cm.
Step-3 Fee payment
- After filling the details and uploading the documents, candidate needs to submit the application form fee to complete the application process.
- To make the payment click on the mode of payment key among credit/debit card/ net banking.
- To make the payment through debit card, enter the card number and pin.
- To make the payment through credit card, enter the card number and CVV number mentioned on the back side of the card.
- If a candidate goes for net banking, then enter the account number and one-time password.
- After making the selection of payment and entering the details, the applicant can click on the “Pay now” key.
- Make sure to note down the payment transaction number and download the confirmation page for future use.
UPTU/UPSEE 2018 Admit Card
The admit card can be downloaded from April 11, 2018 through the official website (upsee.nic.in) of UPSEE. The admit card shall be made available on the website till the date of examination. A hard copy of the admit card needs to be carried along with the student when he/she goes to give exam in their allotted UPSEE 2018 Exam Centre. Follow the below mentioned steps to download the admit card:
- Visit the website – upsee.nic.in (Official website of UPSEE).
- Key in your Application Number and Password.
- Check in the option to print your UPSEE 2018 Admit Card.
For any discrepancies in the information given in the admit card, kindly visit your respective regional nodal centre along with the below mentioned documents:
- Two sets of recent passport size photographs.
- Fees of INR 25 for re-issue of UPSEE 2018 Admit Card.
- The candidate must keep the application number handy.
- A copy of the ‘conformation page’ in print.
UPTU/UPSEE 2018 Exam Centres
UPSEE Exam Centres are situated in UP and outside UP as well. Below are the cities where the UPSEE 2018 Exam Centres are situated in UP.
- Gautam Buddha Nagar (Noida / Greater Noida)
UPTU/UPSEE2018 Exam Pattern
The UPSEE exam is tentatively set to be conducted on April 23, 2018. Being a written exam, it is conducted offline. According to exam pattern, there shall be a total of 100 questions in the examination which shall be divided equally into 4 sections. These 4 sections are given below:
- English Language
- Numerical Aptitude
- Thinking and Decision Making
- General Awareness.
The examination is conducted only in Hindi and English languages. As per the marking scheme, for every correct answer 4 marks are awarded. Secondly, there is no negative marking in the examination for any incorrect or un-attempted question.
Candidates who shall appear for the AKTU/UPTU examination, kindly go through the details below:
- Number of Papers: 11 papers.
- Paper Mode: The examination mode for Paper-1 – 4 shall be OMR based and for Paper 5 – 11 the mode shall be online (CBT).
- Number of Questions: The Papers 1 – 3 shall consist of 150 questions each. Paper – 4 shall consist of a total of 100 questions divided equally into Mathematics & Aesthetic Sensitivity. Additionally, 2 questions from Drawing Aptitude shall also be asked in the same Paper. Paper 5 – 8 shall consist of 75 questions each and Paper 9 – 11 shall consist of 100 questions each.
- Type of Questions: All questions in all Papers shall be objective type only, except the Drawing Aptitude Test in Paper – 4. The answers have to be marked in the OMR sheet, one out of the four given options.
- Subjects: Depending on the course, the questions shall be asked from variable subjects.
- Exam Duration: 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks for every correct answer.
- Negative Marking: No negative marking.
Paper wise details of Subjects, No. of questions and maximum marks are given below:
- Paper – 1: It will consist of questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. A total of 150 questions, 50 from each subject. The maximum marks for 150 questions shall be 600.
- Paper – 2: It will consist of questions from Physics, Chemistry and Biology. A total of 150 questions, 50 from each subject. The maximum marks for 150 questions shall be 600.
- Paper – 3: It will consist of questions from AG – I, AG – II and AG – III. A total of 150 questions, 50 from each subject. The maximum marks for 150 questions shall be 600.
- Paper – 4: This is basically for the architecture students. It consists of an aptitude test with Mathematics and Aesthetic Sensitivity as subjects and a drawing aptitude test. A total of 100 questions, 50 from each subject. Additionally, two drawing questions shall also be asked. The maximum marks for this paper is 500.
- Paper – 5: It is an aptitude test for General Awareness (BHMCT/BFAD/BFA). A total of 75 questions. The maximum marks for 75 questions shall be 300.
- Paper – 6: It is an aptitude test for Diploma Holders in Engineering (Lateral Entry). A total of 75 questions. The maximum marks for 75 questions shall be 300.
- Paper – 7: It is an aptitude test for Diploma Holders in Pharmacy (Lateral Entry). A total of 75 questions. The maximum marks for 75 questions shall be 300.
- Paper – 8: It is an aptitude test for B.Sc. Graduates in Engineering (Lateral Entry). A total of 75 questions. The maximum marks for 75 questions shall be 300.
- Paper – 9: It is an aptitude test for MBA students. A total of 100 questions. The maximum marks for 100 questions shall be 400.
- Paper – 10: It is an aptitude test for MCA students. A total of 100 questions. The maximum marks for 100 questions shall be 400.
- Paper – 11: It is an aptitude test for 2nd year MCA students (Lateral Entry). A total of 100 questions. The maximum marks for 100 questions shall be 400.
UPTU/UPSEE 2018 Cut Off
The cutoff list for the UPSEE 2018 exam will be released in the third week of April 2018. And the result will be declared in the last week of May 2018 along with the merit list.
There is an expected cut off list which will give an idea of the UPSEE 2018 exam. The cut off list is prepared on the basis of following factors.
- The total number of students appearing in the exam.
- The total number of students who qualified for the exam.
- Total marks scored by the candidates.
- The level of difficulty.
- The total number of seats available.
The expected cut off list for engineering branches in the UPSEE 2018 exam is as follows:
- For computer science, the closing rank is 586.
- For mechanical the closing rank is 630.
- For electrical the closing rank is 777.
- For civil the closing rank is 957.
- For electronics, the closing rank is 1059.
- For information technology, the closing rank is 1091.
- For chemical, the closing rank is 1139.
UPTU/UPSEE 2018 Result
Tentatively, beginning from 30th May, 2018 the results for UPSEE 2018 shall be declared on the official (upsee.nic.in) website. The results will be announced by AKTU along with the Answer Keys. The Detailed Result, Scorecard and thereafter the Merit List shall be declared shortly. Below mentioned are the steps to obtain the result after it is declared on the stipulated date:
- Visit the website – upsee.nic.in (Official website of UPSEE).
- Click on UPSEE 2018 Result.
- Enter the candidate’s Roll No. and DOB to obtain the result.
- Keep the result in print for the counselling process.
- The candidates with least incorrect answers are preferred.
- If two or more candidates score equal marks, then the age factor comes into play. The candidate with lower age shall be considered as merit.
UPTU/UPSEE 2018 Syllabus
The Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU) is responsible for prescribing the syllabus of the study material, based of which each paper of UPSEE is framed. The syllabus for the exam to be held in the year 2018 has not been announced yet. Moreover, this year the syllabus is expected to be more or less similar to the previous year. Syllabus for all the papers shall be made available soon. For the Paper – 1 (B. Tech), the syllabus is the study material of 11th and 12th standard of UP or any recognized equivalent board of education in India.
How to Prepare for UPSEE Exam
Candidates need to work hard with utmost focus and concentration to crack the AKTU entrance examination. Moreover, they need to need to follow the Best Preparation Books for UPSEE/AKTU/UPTU. Below mentioned are some points which shall compliment a student to score better in these examinations:
- Needless to say, planning and time management is the most important thing to keep up to during preparation for any examination. Prepare a strict, but practically possible time table plan dividing study hours wisely. In the end, do keep some time for revision every day.
- Take additional help from UPSEE Exam Books 2018. Get facilitated with previous years question papers. This would eventually help in building up your question bank.
- Make it a target to solve minimum one question paper daily after studying. Also, try to solve UPTU/UPSEE Sample Papers 2018 on a regular basis.
- For a quicker revision, develop habit of note making.
- Other than daily revision, make sure that a weekly revision is also done so that you do not forget what you studied in the near past.
- A new topic should not be touched in the last minute as you won’t probably be able to finish it which shall leave you with confusion and may demotivate you.
UPTU/ UPSEE 2018 Counselling
There are set minimum marks that a candidate needs to achieve to get qualified for the UPSEE counselling process. For the First Round of Counselling the eligible candidates shall register themselves by June 24, 2018 for counselling on the official website of UPSEE. The counselling for UPSEE 2018 shall begin from June 19, 2018. The counselling happens as mentioned below:
Steps for UPSEE 2018 Counselling
- Registration – The eligible candidates shall register themselves for counselling on the official website of UPSEE. During registration the candidates need to key in the marks obtained in the UPSEE exam. The registration fees for General / Open Category is INR 20,000 whereas for the SC / ST the fee is INR 12,000. The mode of payment shall be online i.e. through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net banking.
- Choice Filling – The list of institutions participating in the UPSEE 2018 Counselling shall be given on the website. The candidate needs to mention his/her choice of institution from the list. The candidate needs to enter the preference of institution at every round of counselling as the numbers of seats vary. After selecting the institution, the candidate shall have to key in a few details on a separate portal developed by the institution body.
- Document Verification – On the date of counselling, the candidates need to carry all the required documents in original to their allotted centres for the verification process (the list is given below in the next column). During this stage any discrepancy (if found) can lead to termination of the admission. Any candidate is eligible for the document verification process only when he/she has completed the necessary requirements given in point 1 and 2 above.
- Seat Allotment – The allotment of seats is done on merit basis and also on the basis of the choice of institution by the student in the beginning of the UPSEE 2018 Counselling Process (Point 2 above). The result for the allotment of seat shall be announced separately for each round.
- Seat Confirmation – After the seat is allotted to a student, the student needs to confirm the allotted seat in the given stipulated time if he/she is satisfied.
UPTU/UPSEE 2018 Documents Required for Counselling
The documents required for the document verification process of UPSEE 2018 Counselling are given below:
- Admit Card of UPSEE 2018
- Mark sheet of Class X and XII
- Character Certificate, as issued by the last attended institute
- A Certificate of Medical Fitness from a competent authority
- Domicile Certificate (if applicable)
- Category Certificate if belonging to OBC/SC/ST
- Sub-category certificate (if belonging to Freedom fighters/Armed forces/Physically Handicapped)
- Income Certificate (only for the economically weak)
- GDDA category Certificate (if applicable)
- Rural Weightage Certificate (if applicable)
UPTU/UPSEE 2018 Reservation
UPSEE 2018 Reservation Characteristics depend on the category to which a student belongs which shall be mentioned in the Application Form. The reserved categories’ eligibility and characteristics are given below:
- Category 1 (UPGE) – Qualifying exam cleared through an institution in UP
- Category 2 (UPSC/UPST/UPBC) – Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category who have given qualifying exam through an institution in UP
- Category 3 (UPGD) – Candidates belonging to General / Open category who have given qualifying exam through an institution outside UP but their parents have a UP domicile.
- Category 4 (GDSC/GDST/GDBC) – Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category who have given qualifying exam through an institution outside UP but their parents have a UP domicile.
- Category 5 (Others) – Candidates who have given qualifying exam through an institution in UP but their parents do not have a UP domicile.
Reservation for NRI Candidates
A total of 15% seats are reserved for NRI candidates in the management quota. The preference order is given below:
1. First preference is allotted to the CMAT/CAT/MAT 2017 qualifiers.
2. Second preference is allotted to UPSEE 2018 qualifiers.
3. Third preference is allotted to students who fall eligible for UPSEE 2018.
The Vertical Reservation is carried out as mentioned below:
- SC of UP – 21%
- ST of UP – 2%
- OBC of UP – 27%
The Horizontal Reservation is carried out as mentioned below:
- Students of Freedom Fighters having UP Domicile (UPFF) – 2%
- Students of Defence Personal posted in UP, ex or in action (UPAF) – 5%
- Handicapped or Disabled candidates having UP Domicile (UPHC) – 3%
- Female Candidates having UP Domicile (UPGL) – 20%
UPSEE 2018 Participating Colleges
The institutions which offer admission via the UPSEE 2018 along with their courses are given below. Here, talking specifically about the MBA courses:
- C. S. J. M. Kanpur University:
- MBA – Finance & Control (M3)
- MBA – Business Economics (M2)
- MBA – Tourism Management (M4)
- Dr. R. M. L. Avadh University – MBA
- M. G. Kashi Vidyapith University – MBA
- V. B. S. Purvanchal University:
- MBA (M1)
- MBA – Agriculture Business (M17)
- MBA – E-Commerce (M21)
- MBA – Business Economics (M2)
- MBA – Finance & Control (M3)
- MBA – Human Research & Development (M22)
- M. J. P. Rohilkhand University:
- MBA – General (M1)
- MBA – Marketing (M20)
- D. D. U. Gorakhpur University – MBA
- Institute of Business Studies, Ch. Charan Singh University – MBA
- Sir Chhotu Ram Institute of Engineering & Technology, Ch. Charan Singh University:
- MBA (M1)
- MBA – IB (M5)
- Dr. B. R. Ambedkar University – MBA
- Bundelkhand University:
- MBA – International Business (M5)
- MBA – Finance Management (M6)
- MBA – Tourism Management (M4)
- UP Viklang UDDHAR Dr. Shakuntala Misra Vishwavidhyalaya – MBA
- Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti Urdu, Arabi – Farsi University – MB
UPSEE 2018 FAQs – Asked Questions
1. Do I need to send any confirmation page to the university?
No, there is no need to send any confirmation page to the university. Candidate can keep the print out with them for future record.
2. How to pay the examination fee?
The payment for the examination fee can be made via internet banking, credit/debit card.
3. How would I get the admit card?
The admit card will be available from 11th April 2018. It can be downloaded from the official website of UPSEE.
4. When will be the correction for filled in form is permitted?
After the successful submission of application form, to change the filled in details candidate will get a correction window. This window will be available in the last week of March 2018.
5. Is there any negative marking in the UPSEE exam?
In this exam, there is no negative marking. For the right answer 4 marks will be allotted to the candidate.