Odisha Joint Entrance Examination Board (OJEEB) is conducted for taking admission in the B.E / B.Tech program in the colleges of Odisha. Through OJEE exam, students will also get admission in lateral entry in engineering & technology and first year of master’s courses in MCA, M.Tech, MBA, M.Pharm, etc. The counselling registration for the JEE Main qualified candidates will be performed by the OJEEB in the 2nd week of June 2018. The process of counselling will include the choice filling followed by the payment of counselling fee. The candidates are advised to fill as many as possible choices. This will make their chances higher for getting admission in the desired institute for preferred seat.
OJEE 2018 Exam Dates
OJEE exam date can be predicted by looking at the exam dates of previous year. We can predict the tentative dates for Exam in below format:
|Release of OJEE 2018 Notification||January 2018|
|Release of OJEE 2018 Application Form||First week of February 2018|
|Last date to fill OJEE 2018 Application Form||March 2018|
|Availability of OJEE 2018 Admit Card||Third week of April 2018|
|OJEE 2018 Exam Date||Second week of May 2018|
|Declaration of OJEE 2018 Result||First week of June 2018|
|Commencement of OJEE 2018 Counselling||Last week of June 2018|
OJEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates are required to meet the eligibility criteria before applying for OJEE 2018. Here are the details about the eligibility criteria for various courses.
- Candidates should have a domicile of the Odisha state.
- All the applicants should be at least 17 years old.
- For the master degree courses, there is no age limit.
- For the BAMS and BHMS courses the candidates belonging to general and Sc/ST category needs 50 % and 40% marks respectively. They should have qualified 10+2 examination of CHSE, Odisha or equivalent with Physics, chemistry, and biology.
- For B.Planning courses, the candidate of general and SC/ST category should score at least 45% and 40% respectively.
- Candidates seeking admission in the course B.Pharm, for general and SC/ST category the minimum required marks are 45% and 40 % respectively. Candidate needs to qualify the 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry and any one subject among the following: Mathematics, Biology, Bio-Tech, Technical Vocational Subject, Electronics, Computer Science, IT, Statistics, Geology.
- For LE B.Tech course, the candidate of general and SC/ST category needs at least 45% and 40 % marks. Moreover, they are required to get passed with the 3-year diploma in appropriate branch of engineering/technology.
- For LE Pharma course, the candidate of general and SC/ST category minimum mark required is 45% and 40 % respectively. Also, the candidate should have qualified Diploma in pharmacy.
- For MBA course, the candidate needs to score 50% and 45% if they belong to general and SC/ST category respectively. Candidate should have done the graduation from any stream.
- For MCA course, the candidate from general and SC/ST category, minimum marks required are 50% and 45%. In the addition, the candidate should have qualified with the bachelor degree( BCA, BSc(IT/CS/IST/ITM)) in any stream passed with the mathematics in 12th standard or at the graduation level.
- For Integrated programs, the candidate of general and SC/ST category, the least marks required are 45% and 40% respectively. Candidate needs to get passed 10+2 in any stream.
- For M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan/M.Pharma, candidates of general and SC/ST category should have scored at least 50% and 45% marks. For M.Tech course, the candidate needs to get passed/appearing bachelor degree examination.
OJEE 2018 Application Form
The application form will be available through online mode by visiting the official site of OJEE i.e. ojee.nic.in. Candidates are required to get registered prior to filling the application form. Once the registration is completed, the candidate can log in by using the application number and password. After submitting the application form, candidates need to fill the application fee to successfully submit the application form.
Here are the steps to fill the application form:
1. Fill the details
- Visit the official website of OJEE 2018 i.e. ojee.nic.in.
- Click on the link “Odisha Joint entrance examination-2018 application form.”
- Candidate will get a new page, which will have application form links for different courses.
- Form A for BAMS and BHMS/Pharmacy/Pharmacy and BAMS and BHMS courses.
- Form B for lateral entry in engineering and Pharma, and B.Sc.(LE).
- Form C for MCA/MBA/Lateral entry in MCA.
- Form D for PGAT (M.Tech/M.Tech (PT)/M.Arch/M.Pharm/M.Plan)
- Form E for the combination of MBA and MCA/MBA and LE-MCA/ MBA and PGAT.
- Form F for the integrated MBA courses (5years).
- Candidates need to select the correct from among- A, B, C, D, E, and F. Moreover, they can register and fill only the one form. On clicking on the link, candidates will get the online application form.
- Fill all the required details like personal, academic, reservation and choose a password.
- After, successful submission of the required data, click on the “Submit”
- Once the application number and password is generated candidate can log in as many times as they want to upload the image and application form fee payment.
2. To upload the photograph, signature and thumb impression
- Candidates are required to upload the photograph (3.4×4.5 cm), signature (3.5×1.5cm) and left-hand thumb impression (3.5×1.5cm).
- After uploading the documents click on “Submit.”
3. Pay application fee
- After submitting the details and uploading the documents, go to the payment page and make payment. Payment can be made via online mode or offline mode.
- Next, click on “Online payment” button, then fill the details and click on “Make payment.”
- If the candidate wants to pay the fee by offline mode, e-challan can attach along with the filled in application form and can be submitted to the nearest branch of State Bank of India.
4. Print the application form
- Once the application form is submitted along with the fee, the candidate can take the printout of application form for future use.
- Click on the “Submit” button and take the printout of the application form.
The application fee will depend on the type of course candidate select while filling the application form. Candidate can pay the application fee through both means online and offline.
Fees can be paid through debit/credit card (visa, master, internet banking) or through system generated e-challan to deposit the fee in the nearest branch. It should be noted that the application fee once submitted is non-refundable.
- The candidates need to pay Rs.1000 for
- BAMS& BHMS/Pharmacy/Pharmacy and BAMS &BHMS courses.
- LE(Engineering, Pharma)
- M.Tech/M.Tech (PT)/M.Arch/M.Pharma/Integrated MBA.
- For MBA and MCA, MBA and LE-MCA, MBA and PGAT courses candidates will pay Rs.1500.
OJEE 2018 Registration
The registration of OJEE 2018 for JEE main candidates will start in the second week of June 2018 through online mode. In case of the special OJEE 2018 candidates, the registration will start in the second week of August 2018. Here are the steps for the registration process.
- Candidate needs to click on the link “New Registration” and choose the courses and enter the OJEE/JEE Main roll number and date of birth. Next, click on “Submit” button.
- After clicking on the “Submit” button, a new page will appear displaying the information entered by the candidate in the application form and other spaces to enter the new details like contact address, contact number, etc. Then-candidate will need to select the security password.
- The candidates are required to check the information entered and in case of wrong information needs to click on “Edit Registration” to make the correction. After verifying the correct information the candidate can click on the confirmation button and complete the registration process.
Registration for the counseling of OJEE 2018
Candidate needs to log in to the newly created account and deposit the counselling fee through online mode. The OJEE 2018 counselling registration fee is Rs.450.
Candidates are required to fill as many choices they can. This will increase the probability of getting the admission and preferred seat. Once the candidate has filled the choices, a mock seat allotment will be announced. Candidate can take the cue and make the necessary changes to the choices filled before. After locking up the final choices, it’s not possible to make any further change.
OJEE 2018 Admit Card
- The OJEE 2018 admit card will be issued by the board to all the candidates who register successfully.
- The admit card will be available on the official site of OJEE 2018.
- Candidate can download the admit card and take the print out from the website.
- OJEE admit card will contain the details like exam date, exam timing, and exam center. Candidate needs to reach the exam center at least half hour prior to exam timing.
- Candidates need to submit one copy of the admit card duly signed by the invigilator before leaving the exam hall.
Step to download the OJEE 2018 admit card
- Visit the official website of OJEE i.e.ojee.nic.in.
- Click the link “Download OJEE 2018 admit card.”
- Enter the application number and date of birth, then click on the submit button.
- OJEE hall ticket is shown on the screen
- Candidate can download and take the print out of admitting card for further use.
OJEE 2018 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of OJEE 2018 is different for different courses. All the questions will come in the MCQ format and conducted in the offline format i.e. pen and paper-based. For every correct answer 4 marks is alloted and for every wrong answer, 1 mark is deducted. For the unanswered question, no marks is awarded.
Below is the list of, exam pattern which is according to different courses.
1. For OJEE pharmacy/BAMS/BHMS
The applicants for this course will get to attempt 120 multiple choice questions from mathematics, physics, chemistry, and biology. There will be section-wise distribution of questions shown below:
- For mathematics, 60 questions.
- For Physics, 60 questions.
- For Chemistry, 60 questions.
- For Botany, 30 questions.
- For Zoology, 30 questions.
2. OJEE Exam pattern for B.Tech(Diploma holders)
Candidates who have selected for the lateral entry in B.Tech program will get to solve 120 objective type questions in the duration of 2 hours. The questions distribution for the different section is given below.
- For Basic electrical engineering, 40 questions.
- For mathematics, 40 questions.
- For engineering mechanics, 40 questions.
3. OJEE Exam pattern for lateral entry (+3SC/B.Sc)
Candidates will get the duration of one hour for L.E.B.Sc. test, it will have total 60 multiple choice questions from mathematics, chemistry, and physics. The questions distribution for the different section is given below.
- For Mathematics, 30 questions.
- For chemistry, 15 questions.
- For Physics, 15 questions.
4. OJEE Exam pattern for lateral entry(Pharmacy) and M.Pharmacy
Candidates will get 1 hour of duration and 60 questions will be asked from the main branch.
5. OJEE Exam pattern MCA
The candidate will get 2 hour of duration for the OJEE MCA and L.E. MCA course. There will be 120 multiple choice questions. The questions distribution for the different section is given below.
- For mathematics, 60 questions.
- For computer awareness, 60 questions.
6. OJEE Exam pattern for MBA
For this course the exam will have 5 sections and total 120 objective type questions. The questions distribution for different section is given below.
- For verbal reasoning, 40 questions.
- For analytical reasoning, 40 questions.
- For general knowledge, 10 questions.
- For comprehension, 20 questions.
- For computer and business fundamentals, 10 questions.
7. OJEE exam pattern for integrated MBA(5 years)
There will be total 4 sections namely- verbal reasoning, analytical reasoning, general knowledge, and comprehension. Total 60 multiple choice questions will be asked.
- For verbal reasoning, 15 questions.
- For analytical reasoning, 15 questions.
- For general knowledge, 15 questions.
- For comprehension, 15 questions.
8. OJEE Exam pattern for M.Plan stream
The PGAT entrance test will consist of 60 objective type questions. There will be three sections-logical reasoning, arithmetic reasoning and architectural concept.The questions distribution for different section is given below.
- For logical reasoning, there will be 10 questions.
- For arithmetic reasoning, there will be 10 questions.
- For architectural concept related, there will be 40 questions.
The OJEE syllabus will be different for all the courses. Students need to follow the exam syllabus for the courses they have filled in the application form. For B.Phrama the syllabus will have topics from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology. For MBA course, the topics will be from the subjects like Verbal and analytical reasoning, comprehension, GK, etc.
How to prepare
The candidate needs to choose best preparation books for OJEE examination. Here are some of the books mentioned below for different subjects. These books are best for the OJEE preparation.
Books for mathematics
- Hall and knight for higher algebra
- I.A. Maron-for problems in calculus of one variable.
- Vectors and 3-D geometry- Arihant Prakashan
- Vectors- Shanti Narayan
- V Govorov, P.Dybov, N, Miroshin, S.Smirnova for problems in mathematics.
- R.S Aggarwal-for Maths in 11th and 12th.
- G.N. Berman- A problem book in mathematical analysis.
- Calculus by J.Edward.
Books for Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry by Arihant
- Chemistry by Dinesh
- Rudiments of Chemistry-MCQC type
- Higher secondary books part 1 and part 2.
Books for Physics
- Higher secondary books part1 and part 2.
- HC Verma for physics
- NCERT- physics part 1 and part 2
- Physics: CBSE PMT set of 3 volumes by Anil Aggarwal
Apart from the books candidate need to look the OJEE sample papers 2018 to get the idea of exam pattern. Moreover, solving the test papers will certainly help the candidates to build up their confidence. Candidates can also go for different magazines of Mtg or even MCQs books from Bharti Bhavan on different subjects.
In the addition, a candidate needs to go through the previous year question papers. If not Orissa, one can solve the JEE Main previous papers. The level of questions may vary but there are many common chapters which can get covered.
OJEE 2018 Exam Centers
OJEE 2018 exam will be conducted in more than 30 cities in Odisha. Here are some of the key points for OJEE Exam centers.
- Candidates need to select the three OJEE exam centers while filling the application form.
- The final allotment of exam center will be performed by the exam conducting authority.
- The allocation or discretion or addition of any new OJEE exam center is also performed by the exam conducting body.
Below are the exam centers along with their code.
- Angul (10)
- Balasore (11)
- Baripada (12)
- Bhawanipatna (13)
- Berhampur (14)
- Bhadrak (15)
- Bhubaneshwar (16)
- Bolangir (17)
- Cuttak (18)
- Dhenkanal (19)
- Jagatsinghpur (20)
- Jeypore (21)
- Jharsuguda (22)
- Kendrapara (23)
- Keonjhar (24)
- Phulbani (25)
- Puri (26)
- Rayagada (27)
- Rourkela (28)
- Sambalpur (29)
- Sarang (30)
OJEE 2018 Result
The result will be declared on the official site of the OJEE 2018. The expected date for the result declaration for OJEE 2018 is in the first June of 2018. The result will be declared by the joint cell of Joint Entrance Examination Cell, the state government of Odisha.
Candidates need to enter their roll number and other details to view their result.
The steps to check the result is mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of OJEE i.e. ojee.nic.in
- Click on the link “OJEE Result 2018”
- Enter the application number and date of birth.
- Download and take the print out of the rank card.
OJEE 2018 Merit List
The merit list for OJEE 2018 will be released after the commencement of exam. The merit list will be declared for every course separately. It will be prepared according to the candidate’s performance in the exam. Candidate will be able to get the merit list from the official website of OJEE 2018. They will require their roll number to view the merit list.
Given below are the points which show the reservation of seats under stage categories.
- For SC category the reservation is 8%.
- For ST category the reservation is 125.
- For children of green card holders the reservation is 5%.
- For physically challenged/person with a disability, the reservation is 3%.
- For children of Ex-serviceman, the reservation is 3%.
- For females, the reservation is 30%.
OJEE Answer key 2018
An official answer key will be released after the exam on the online portal of OJEE 2018. The candidate will get to know about the answer key in the regional newspaper of the Odisha.
By checking the answer key candidates will be able to calculate their expected score before the release of official result. Moreover, it will help the candidate to make the choices of colleges.
OJEE 2018 Cut off
The cutoff marks will be the minimum marks which will be attained by the candidates to get admission in various institutes for different courses. They will be called for the counselling procedure. For various courses, the cutoff marks will be announced during the result declaration. Moreover, the opening and closing ranks for the different category will be published in the cut off list. Separate cut off list will be declared for the different course.
Given below are the points showing cut off marks for different courses.
- For unreserved category, the cut off marks are between 690 to 450 and rank between, 1 to 14059.
- For OBC category, the cut off mark is between 454 to 457 and rank between, 14058 to 14909.
- For SC category, the cut off mark is between 327 to 451 and rank between, 14240 to 61231.
- For ST category, the cut off mark is between 288 to 451 and rank between, 14481 to 83162.
- For PH-OBC category, the cut off mark is between 345 to 448 and rank between,15167 to 61456.
- For PH-SC category, the cut off mark is between 321 to 323 and rank between, 62233 to 67799.
- For PH-ST category, the cut off mark is between 302 to 315 and rank between, 66314 to 73737.
OJEE 2018 Counselling
OJEE 2018 counselling will be performed after the release of the merit list which will be based on the candidate’s performance in the entrance test. The counselling will take place through online mode. Candidates need to fill and lock the choices of colleges based on their ranks. The seats will be allowed to the candidate depending on the choices filled, rank and seat availability.
Applicants need to carry the stipulated fee and documents while reporting at the colleges to complete the admission process.
OJEE 2018 Documents Required for Counselling
The documents required during the verification are mentioned below.
- Mark sheet of a 10th and 12th standard.
- Qualifying exam mark sheet.
- Candidate passport size photograph.
- OJEE 2018 admit card.
- Scorecard of OJEE 2018.
- Scorecard of JEE Mains 2018 ( if applicable)
- Category certificate ( if applicable)
- Medical certificate ( if applicable)
OJEE Participating Institutes 2018
The participating colleges for OJEE 2018 have the names of institutes in Odisha which admit the candidate in various engineering programmes based on the merit list. Candidates can use the list of colleges mentioned below for filling the choices as per the preferences. Here is the list of participating colleges for OJEE 2018.
- The Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology, Sambalpur.
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology, Sarang.
- The Government College of engineering, Kalahandi.
- Gandhi Institute for technology advancement, Bhubaneswar.
- Gandhi Institute of Engineering and Technology, Gunupur.
- Parala Maharaja Engineering College, Berhampur.
- Silicon Institute of Technology, Bhubaneswar.
- The CV Raman College of Engineering, Bhubaneswar.
- Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology, Bhubaneswar.
- The Orissa School of mining engineering in Keonjhar.
OJEE 2018 FAQs – Asked Questions
1. What is the mode of examination?
The OJEE 2018 will be conducted through the offline mode i.e. pen and paper-based examination.
2. What is the syllabus for the examination?
The syllabus will be different for different subjects. Topics will be asked from the subjects namely Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. For more details refer the syllabus section mentioned above.
3. When will be the exam conducted?
The exam will take place in the second week of May 2018. It will be conducted by the Odisha Joint Entrance Examination Board (OJEEB). It will allow the candidates to get admission in the various programmes in the government and private colleges of Odisha.
4. How can I register for the OJEE 2018 examination?
Candidates can register themselves through the online mode. Visit the official website of OJEE i.e. ojee.nic.in. The registration process will start from the second week of June 2018. For special candidates, the registration process will start from the second week of August 2018.