The Kerala Engineering Agriculture Medical examination is a state level entrance exam. KEAM 2018 is conducted by the Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE), Kerala. KEAM 2018 exam will be conducted in various cities of the country. After clearing this exam, candidates can get admission in various streams of engineering courses. Previously this examination was conducted for admission in engineering, medical, agriculture & many other courses. From 2016 onwards, this exam was organized for admission in engineering courses only. For admission in medical and allied health science courses including agriculture candidate must qualify the NEET exam and for architecture course, candidates have to clear the NATA exam.
Here are some information about the KEAM 2018 entrance exam.
- The entrance examination, which will be held tentatively in the fourth week of April 2018.
- It is a gateway for admissions into the B.Tech courses offered by around 365 engineering institutes of Kerala.
- The application form for KEAM 2018 will be available in the first week of February 2018, tentatively.
- All the candidates are required to register themselves before appearing in the examination.
- The last date to submit the filled in application form will be in the second week of March 2018, tentatively.
- A print out of the application form will be sent to CEE.
- KEAM 2018 examination will be conducted through two papers– Paper I (Physics & Chemistry) and Paper II (Mathematics).
- The result of KEAM 2018 examination will get declared in the third week of May 2018, tentatively.
- The prearation of rank list for KEAM examination will be equally based on the results of 10+2 exam.
- The admission of the candidates will depend on their attained score, and selected colleges and courses.
To know more about the KEAM 2018 Notification regarding application form, application fee,exam dates, eligibility, cut off, merit list and much more, read through this article.
KEAM 2018 Exam Dates
This section covers the important examination highlights and dates for KEAM 2018 exam. The mentioned dates are tentative dates, and as soon as the actual dates are announced it will be updated soon.
|1||Exam Name||Kerala Engineering Agricultural Medical Entrance Examination (KEAM)|
|2||Date of Exam||Last week of April 2018|
|3||Conducting Body||Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE), Government of Kerala|
|4||Examination Mode||Offline (Pen and paper based)|
|5||Category of Exam||Under Graduate|
|6||Medium of Exam||English|
|7||Duration of course||4 years|
|9||Exam Duration||2hr 30mins|
|Starting of selling security card along with prospectus||1st week of January 2018|
|Application form release||1st week of January 2018|
|Last date to apply online||Last week of January 2018|
|Admit card announced||Last week of March 2018|
|Exam date||Last week of April 2018|
|Declaration of result||4th week of May 2018|
|Announcement of Rank List||Third week of June 2018|
KEAM 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates are required to meet the eligibility criteria set by the admssion conducting authority, for KEAM 2018. Candidates not meeting the eligibility criteria will not be allowed to attempt the examination and participate in the admission procedure.
- Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply.
- Persons of Indian Origins (PIO) /Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) can also apply for the examination.
- Students belonging to the Kerala state are categorized as Keralite. They are put into the following two categories namely, Non-Keralite category I and Non-Keralite Category II.
- Minimum Age: Candidates must complete their age of 17 years as or on 31st December of the year of admission.
- Maximum Age: There is no upper age limit.
- Qualification: Candidates seeking admission in engineering courses must have passed 12th or equivalent exam from any recognized board.
- Percentage: Candidate must have obtained minimum 50% marks in PCM subjects. It is necessary to score 50% marks in mathematics individually.
- Appearing Candidates: Students appearing in the Higher Secondary examination are also eligible to apply.
KEAM 2018 Application Form
The online application form will get available tentatively from the first week of February 2018. While filling the application form, the candidates will have to make sure that they fill correct and valid information. The last date to fill the details and submit the application form will be in the second week of March 2018, tentatively. Candidates cannot send the multiple applications. The candidates will also have to submit the print out of the filled application form along with the other required documents to the Office of Commissioner of Entrance Examinations:
“Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations,”
5th Floor, Housing Board Buildings,
Santhi Nagar, Thiruvananthapuram
Kerala – 695001
The candidates need to follow the given points, in order to successfully fill the KEAM 2018 application form:
Step 1 – Candidate Registration
Step 2 – Upload Images
Step 3 – Filling up Application Form
Step 4 – Payment of Application Fees
Step 5 – Print Filled Application Form
Step 6 – Submission of application form via offline mode to CEE
Step 1 –Registration of candidate: The candidates will be required to register themselves. A password has to be created by the candidates during the registration process. After the successful registration, a system generated application number will be available.
Step 2 – Upload Images: Scanned images of the passport size photograph, signature and left hand thumb impression of the candidate will have to be uploaded in the application form. The images need to be uploaded in specifications mentioned in the form.
Step 3 – Application form filling process: Next, the candidates will have to fill in all of their personal, academic and qualification details. It should be noted that, all the details filled in the application form should match with the documents of the candidate. After checking all the filled details, the candidates will be able to submit their application form.
Step 4 – Application fee payment: Once the application form for KEAM 2018 has been filled, next candidate needs to submit the application fee for the same. For it to happen, they can do it through online mode (debit card/ credit card/ net banking) or through offline mode (e-challan). In case of failure to pay application fee, application form will certainly get rejected.
KEAM 2018 Application Fees
KEAM 2018 Application Form for KEAM Registration 2018 will be released on the last week of January 2018. The application form should be submitted together with the application fee. Candidates who fail to pay the application fee will not receive any admit card.
|1||General category||Rs. 1000|
|2||SC category||Rs. 500|
|3||Applicants Opting Dubai as Examination Centre||Additional Rs. 12,000|
Documents to be submitted with KEAM Application Form
- Take out the print of filled in application form. ( Make sure that the first page should be attested by a Government Gazetted Officer/ Head of Institution)
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Original Nativity Certificate
- Original Course Certificate or Self Attested Copy of Mark List
- Reservation Certificate (if applicable)
- Proof of Special Reservation (if applicable)
- Original Income Certificate (if applicable)
- Any Other Required Documents
KEAM 2018 Admit Card
The admit card will get available on the online platform tentatively in the second week of April 2018. It will contain the information like candidate’s name, application number, examination centre, timings and more. The candidates will have to note that the admit card will be available only in online mode. The admit card of KEAM 2018 has to be downloaded and printed out. It is an important document which has to be produced at the examination centre. If the candidate fails to bring the admit card to examination venue, then he/she will not be allowed to sit for the examination.
Steps to Download KEAM 2018 Admit Card
- The candidate can login using their application number and date of birth.
- Next, click on “Submit” button.
- All details present in the admit card must be cross-checked before downloading it.
- Print out of the downloaded admit card has to be taken
KEAM 2018 Exam Pattern
KEAM 2018 will be conducted through two papers i.e. paper-1 and paper-2, tentatively in the fourth week of April 2018. The examination will be objective based and 2 hours and 30 minutes long. All candidates are requested to check out the exam pattern in detail to prepare for the entrance examination.
|1||Mode of Examination||Offline|
|2||Duration of the Examination||2 hours and 30 minutes|
|3||Type of Questions||Objective (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|4||Number of Questions||Paper I – 120 Questions|
Paper II – 120 Questions
|5||Subjects||Paper I – Physics and Chemistry|
Paper II – Mathematics
|6||Marking Scheme||For each correct response, 4 marks will be allotted|
|7||Negative Marking||1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer|
KEAM 2018 Syllabus
All candidates should be aware of the syllabus of KEAM 2018 to boost their preparation process. KEAM 2018 syllabus consists of the different topics under the subjects of Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry. Majority of the syllabus will be similar to the qualifying examination of 12th standard. The question paper will be made from the syllabus of KEAM 2018. Moreover, knowing the syllabus will allow the candidate to to save their and prepare the topics and chapters for the entrance examination of KEAM 2018.
KEAM Sample Papers 2018
Candidates should solve last year question papers or mock test. It helps the candidates to know about exam pattern or type of questions will come in the examination. Candidates can also test their speed & knowledge by solving the sample papers. To download KEAM sample paper 2018, kindly visit the examination site
KEAM Answer Key 2018
CEE, Kerala will be releasing the official answer key of KEAM 2018 after the conclusion of the examination, like within a week after the date of test. Through the answer key, the candidates will be able to check the correct answers to the questions asked in the examination. Candidate can predict their probable ranks before the official declaration of result. The released answer key of KEAM 2018 will be open for challenge. In case a candidate has doubt regarding the answer key, he or she can send their query within five days from its release. Different coaching institutes will be also releasing KEAM 2018 answer key.
Best Preparation Books for KEAM
The following are the Best Preparation Books for KEAM. Aspirants are suggested to follow the below-mentioned books besides reference books and online study material for boosting up their preparation for KEAM 2018:
- Important Chemistry Formulae for Success in Engineering Entrance Exams
- Important Physics Formulae for Success in Engineering Entrance Exams
- Important Maths Formulae for Success in Engineering Entrance Exams
KEAM Exam Centres 2018
The examination of KEAM 2018 will be held across 18 cities of India and Dubai. The candidates will be able to select their preferred examination centre from the provided list.
KEAM 2018 Result
The scores secured by the candidates in the entrance examination will be released in the result of KEAM 2018. CEE, Kerala will publish KEAM 2018 result tentatively in the third week of May 2018. The qualifying marks will also be present in the result along with the KEAM 2018 scores of the candidates. Qualified candidates will have to submit their 10+2 qualifying examination marks which will be used to prepare the rank list of KEAM 2018.
Equal weightage will be given to KEAM 2018 (Paper I and Paper II) and 10+2th qualifying examination marks while preparing KEAM 2018 rank list. The authorities will follow a standardization procedure to prepare the rank list.
Steps to Check KEAM 2018 Result
- The candidates need to enter their application number and password.
- Click on “Submit” button.
- The result of KEAM 2018 will be displayed on the screen.
- The candidates can download and take the print out of result for future use.
Merit list of KEAM 2018
The Merit list or rank list will comprises of the qualifying candidates of the entrance assessment carried out by Commissioner of Entrance Examinations, Kerala based on the educational eligibility and division of the candidate. There will be different merit list for:
- Engineering Stream
- Medical and other associated streams
- BAMS Stream
- Architecture Stream
The Merit List announced by the CEE will not be used by any other authority or individual strictly for the reason of admission to any courses without aforementioned permission in writing of the Kerala Government.
Factors determining KEAM 2018 Merit List of different courses
- Being Eligible for admission to different professional programs: For meeting the eligible marks in Engineering Entrance Test and thus to get qualified in the Engineering Merit List, the candidate has to achieve at least 10 marks for each of the 2 papers. The candidates who fail to score the above-mentioned marks are not eligible for holding a position in the merit list.
- Qualifying marks for admission to Architecture program: Besides, the academic qualifying criteria the candidate who achieves the minimum qualifying marks in accordance to the NATA 2018.
The merit list is on the whole is prepared by CEE taking into account of the KEAM 2018 marks and the marks of Class XII of the individual candidate within the specific time duration. The ratio of determining the marks based of the above two mentioned marks is 50:50. The candidates are arranged in the rank list as per the lessening order of the obtained marks.
KEAM 2018 Cutoff
The cut off marks will be declared by the counselling conducting authority, after every round of counselling. The least mark that is required by the candidate to get admission in various institutes under KEAM 2018 will be declared in the released cutoff. Those candidates, who meet will the cutoff marks, will have higher chances to get a seat. The opening and closing ranks of the all the participating institutes with category and branches will be mentioned in the cut off list of KEAM 2018.
Factors influencing KEAM 2018 cutoff
KEAM 2018 cut off can be affected by various factors which changes from year to year:
- Achieved marks in the examination.
- Marking pattern of KEAM 2018.
- Cutoffs of the earlier years.
- Difficulty level of the test.
- Availability of seats.
The students who are able to score the KEAM 2018 cutoff marks are eligible for the further procedure i.e., the counseling sitting and the seat allotment. It also plays the primary role in the admission issue.
KEAM Counselling 2018
The counselling session of KEAM 2018 will commence tentatively from the last week of June 2018 after the release of merit list. The qualifying candidates will get them registered online or at Facilitation Centers (FC). During the registration process candidates needs to choose their interested courses and colleges. After selecting the choices, candidates should take out the print for its future use. Seat allotment will be based on the ranking attained by the candidate in KEAM 2018. After the allotment, candidates are required to report at the counselling center. In the addition, they need to submit their original documents for verification process and submit the tuition fees.
Documents Required for Counselling
- 10+2 Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- Date of Birth Proof
- KEAM Rank Card 2017
- KEAM Admit Card 2017
- Category Certificate
- Allotment Letter
- Migration Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
KEAM Participating Institutes 2018
The list of participating institute will be released by the CEE for KEAM 2018. Candidates after qualifying this examination will get to participate in the counselling and aspire for the different undergraduate engineering programmes. This list will comprise of government colleges, government self-financed colleges, and private colleges, located in the Kerla. The admission will depend on the candidates rank in the KEAM 2018, and on their selected course and colleges. Moreover, the candidates are also required to make it sure that, they are meeting all the eligibility criteria.
The institute list will render the candidate to make an informed decision while selecting the colleges and programmes in which they seek admission. Candidates after clearing this exam will be eligible to apply for admission in nearly 56000 undergraduate engineering seats. Candidates refer to participating institutes for KEAM 2018 given in the table below.
|1||Govt. Engineering College, Painavu, Idukki|
|2||Govt. Engineering College, Kozhikode|
|3||Govt. College of Engineering, Kannur|
|4||Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Pampady, Kottayam|
|5||Govt. Engineering College, Sreekrishnapuram, Palakkad|
|6||Govt. Engineering College, Thrissur|
|7||Govt. Engineering College, Barton Hill, Thiruvananthapuram|
|8||College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram|
|9||Govt. Engineering College, Mananthavady, Wayanad|
Participating Institutes of KEAM 2018:In this list all the aided engineering colleges are mentioned.
|1||N.S.S. College of Engineering, Akathethara P O, Palakkad|
|2||Mar Athanasius College of Engineering, Kothamangalam, Ernakulam|
|3||T.K.M. College of Engineering, Kollam|
Private Self-financing Engineering colleges
|S.No.||Name of the Institute|
|1||Aryanet Institute of Technoloty, Vadakkentekadu, Vallikkadu, Mundoor, Palakkad|
|2||Axis College of Engineering & Technology, Ambanoly, Kodakara Via, Murikkingal P O, Thrissur|
|3||Al-Ameen Engineering College, Shoranur, Palakkad|
|4||Al-Azhar College of Engineering & Tech., Perumpillichira, Thodupuzha, Idukki|
|5||Ammini College of Engineering, Kannampariyaram, Mankara P O, Palakkad College|
The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations,
Fifth Floor, Housing Board Buildings,
Santhi Nagar, Thiruvananthapuram-695 001.
Phone : 0471- 2332120, 2338487.
E-mail: [email protected]
Official Website: http://www.cee-kerala.org/
KEAM 2018 FAQs – Asked Questions
1. KEAM 2018 Preparation Tips
- Make a study time table and follow it strictly.
- Know your syllabus to the depth and prepare according to the syllabus.
- Candidates can also check the previous year’s paper to know the exam pattern and type of questions asked in the examination.
- Follow the good books and study materials for preparations.
- Take a healthy diet and proper sleep during the preparations.
2. How to Prepare for KEAM 2018
For any examination, preparation is the crucial part in order to qualify for exam. Candidates are advised to start their preparation for the exam before two or three months prior to exam. Here are some helpful tips & tricks which help the candidates to score good marks in the examination.
- Manage Your Time: First of all, make a proper timetable for your studies on a daily basis. Manage your time equally for all the syllabus. Divide your time equally for all the tasks such as exercise, play, etc. Don’t forget to include break time in between your studies. Never study continuously more than 40 minutes.
- Prepare as Per Syllabus: Most importantly refer the official syllabus of KEAM exam, and make a study plan accordingly. Don’t include those subjects and topics which are not part of the syllabus. Each and every topic of the syllabus is important to gather all the topics on your study plans.
- Study Materials: Choose the best study materials for your preparations. In the addition, go for more preparation books which will contain difficult questions. Students can also solve sample papers for better preparations. Also, try to solve previous years question papers it will help you to get familiarized with the exam pattern.
- Stay Fit: Take a completely healthy and nutritious diet, including fresh fruits and veggies on your diet. Try to avoid junk and oily food at the exam preparation time. Do exercise, yoga, and meditation, it will help you to be fit and make your mind calm.
3. Will I get admission in medical courses through KEAM exam?
No, KEAM exam will be conducted for admission in engineering courses only.
4. What is the exam pattern for engineering?
You can check the exam pattern from the above given section.
5. Is there any provision for negative marking?
Yes, 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
6. I am appearing in the 12th examination, Can I apply?
Yes, you are eligible to apply.
7. What is syllabus for KEAM engineering exam?
The syllabus will comprise of subjects like Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
8. What is the application fee?
The application fee is Rs. 1000/- for General and Rs. 500/- for SC. There is no application fee for ST candidates.
9. How can I pay the application fee?
The payment for application fee can be made through Security Card and by Demand Draft (DD).
10. What is the minimum age limit to apply for KEAM 2018 entrance exam?
A candidate should be 17 years of age and he/she must be born on or before 31st December 2018.
11. How can I get the application form through offline mode?
Candidate can get the application form with brochure from the post offices.
12. When will KEAM application form 2018 be release?
The application form will be released in the first week of January 2018.