After giving JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) Main exam, candidates eagerly wait for their result, after all, they prepare for this examination throughout the year and wants to attain a seat in top engineering colleges of India.
However, the JEE Main 2018 exam settled be conducted in the month of April, the result for the paper-1 will be declared in the last week of April 2018. Also, the result of paper-2 settled be declared in May 2018. Around 13 lakh candidates are going to appear for Joint Entrance Examination 2018.
JEE main 2018 will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The results settled be declared on the official website of CBSE i.e. CBSE results.nic.in. Candidate needs to enter their application number and date of birth to see JEE main 2018 result.
In the result, a 12th standard mark will not be included to calculate the All India rank. The cut off marks are set on the basis of normalized score. For different category, the cut off marks vary as follows
- General category- minimum mark required is 81.
- OBC category – minimum marks required are 32
- SC/ST category- minimum marks required are 32 and 27 respectively.
The top 2.2 lakh candidate who qualifies for the Joint Entrance Examination Main are eligible to give JEE Advanced examination. The strength is expected to increase this year. The JEE result will help to make the All India Rank list and state merit list. However, the seats settled be allowed in various IITs, NITs, and other government institutions depending on the All India Rank and merit attained by the candidate.
JoSAA conducts the counselling to give admission in the IITs, NITs, and GFITs. For SFTIs and NEUTs, CBSE conducts the counselling.
JEE Advanced will be conducted in May 2018 and its result settled be declared in the last week of June 2018.
How to check JEE Main Result?
After the examination, JEE(Joint Entrance Examination) main result will be available on the official website i.e. CBSE results.nic.in. Follow the step mentioned below to see Joint Entrance Examination main 2018 result.
- Visit the official website of CBSE (CBSE results.nic.in).
- Click on the link of Joint Entrance Examination mains result present at the upper side of the page.
- Enter the roll number and date of birth.
- Next, submit to see JEE exam result.
- Candidate can save and download their result.
The copy of JEE main 2018 result can be saved for the future reference. Candidate will be able to apply for the top engineering colleges in India. Moreover, during the application submission for admission in the various colleges, they need to submit their Joint Entrance Examination Main result and counselling fee through the official website.
Information of JEE Main Rank Card
- ALL India Rank 2018 of the candidate
- National Rank of the candidate
- Category rank of the candidate
- Total marks attained in Joint Entrance Examination Mains
- Marks attained in each paper i.e. paper-1 and paper-2.
- JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) Main rank card will be available on the JEE Mains official website. It settled be declared on or before June 2018.
Normalization of marks in JEE main 2018
- In calculating the normalization marks, the 12th standard mark will not be included.
- Candidate should have scored 75% in the 12th standard to qualify for the JEE Advanced.
- Those candidates who are in top 20 percentile in their state board, qualify for JEE Main counselling.
- Normalization is calculated by (the number of candidates in a batch with average marks less than the candidates) /(total number of candidates) multiplied by 100.
Percentage and percentile in JEE Main 2018 result
- The percentage is calculated by the division of the marks obtained by the candidate to the total mark multiplied by 100.
- Percentile is the percentage of students below your percentage on your board.
Rank list of JEE Main 2018
The merit list settled be revealed by the CBSE. During the counselling period, this merit list will allow the student to apply for various colleges.
- For admission for the BE/B.Tech in colleges ( other than IITs), the marks attained in the mathematics, chemistry, physics in JEE Main 2018 will decide the rank of the candidate.
- For the admission in B.Arch (other than IITs), the candidate needs to score higher marks in aptitude, drawing to secure the top ranks.
Joint Entrance Examination Main Rank Predictor 2018
- JEE main 2018 rank predictor predicts the JEE Main all India rank 2018 and the colleges you are likely to get, depending on the result of JEE(Joint Entrance Examination) Main.
- It uses the factors like difficulty level of exam, average marks scored and a total number of vacancies available in IITs, NITs, and SFTIs, to predict your rank and college.
- This tool is helpful to plan and get aware of the courses that settled be available to the candidate.
JEE Main 2018 Cut Off 2018
- Cut-off mark is the minimum mark that is scored to screen the admissions.
- On the basis of the cut off marks, the candidate will be shortlisted for the allocation of seats.
- According to the experts, the cut off marks settled be higher for the current years as compared to the previous year.
- From this year the 12th standard marks will not be considered for the calculation of score and rank, so the candidate needs to score well in the JEE(Joint Entrance Examination) Main examination.
- The cut-off marks are determined by the number of appearing candidates, seat availability and the difficulty level of exam.