JEE Main 2018 Reservation Criteria
The JEE Main 2018 reservation of seats is the criteria which depends on the candidates belonging to various categories. JEE Main 2018 reservation is managed by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The candidate gets admission in different institutes as per their category and quotas provided to them.
The reservation privileges are offered to the candidates belonging to the following categories:
- Female Candidates
- Candidates belonging to person with disability (PwD)
Under this reservation, candidates of these categories can take the advantage in terms of qualifying score, seat allocation, entrance exam score and age limit, over non-reserved category. Moreover, the reservation criteria JEE Main 2018 also consist of the parameter which comes under the state and other state quotas. This means that a student from the home state will certainly get preference over the student from another state in Joint Entrance Examination Main 2018.
It is mandatory to provide documents for a proof to get the reservation advantages. Look at the following points to find the eligibility in JEE Main reservation criteria 2018.
- SC/ST and OBC category candidates.
- Female candidates
- Home candidates
- PwD candidates with 40% or more disability.
Percentage in JEE Main 2018 Reservation of Seats
- For SC category the percentage of quota is 15%.
- For ST category the percentage of quota is 7.5%
- For OBC category the percentage of quota is 27%. This is specifically for the candidates belonging to NCL, where annual income of the family is less than 6 lakhs.
- For PwD category the percentage of quota is 3%.
Important point of JEE Main Reservation Criteria 2018
- These rules relating to quota for the allocation of seats is followed by the Central Board of Secondary Education. Moreover, these rules are fixed by the government of India. The benefits of this reservation in NITs, IITs, and GFITs are given to the candidates of only those castes/class/tribes which will are present in the central list published by the government of India.
- The admission in the state colleges by Joint Entrance Examination Main 2018 score, will also apply the rule of the state quota only. Also, any letter or emails for such reservation criteria will not be entertained by the CBSE and JEE Main secretaries.
JEE Main Reservation Criteria 2018 in State Universities
The reservation criteria of Joint Entrance Examination Main for state Universities will be according to the reservation criteria followed by the state. Moreover, students in the state universities will get divided under the category of students coming from other states and student belonging to the same state.
Home State Quota
Students who have passed the 12th standard from a particular state and have cleared the JEE Main examination will come under the home state quota. These students will get preference over the students coming from another state.
Other state Quota
Students who are applying from the other states and territories come under this category.
The institutes which accept the exam score followed by the reservation criteria of JEE Main 2018 are mentioned below.
- For the students belonging to other states, union territories, 50% seats are reserved in the NITs.
- And for home students 50% seats are reserved.
- For center funded technical institute and state-funded technical institutes, the criteria is based on the state quota/home quota and all India quota.
- For IIIT premier institute also the reservation criteria are based on the state quota/home quota and all India quota.
- For government-funded technical institute, the reservation criteria are based on the all India quota.
- For state engineering colleges the reservation criteria are based on the state quota.
- Specifically for the NIT Warangal, there are three types of reservation quota
- Home state quota- Students who have the home state Telangana.
- Other state quota- Other state candidates including the Andhra Pradesh
- Andhra Pradesh Quota- Students who belong to Andhra Pradesh.
The reservation for the states or Union territories which don’t have any NITs is like this
- Andaman and Nicobar Island get the reservation in NIT Puducherry.
- Lakshadweep, Daman and Diu, and Dadar and Nagar Haveli get the reservation in NIT Goa.
- For Chandigarh, the student gets the reservation in NIT Delhi.
Claim for JEE Main 2018 Reservation
- The students are required to mention the category they belong to in the personal detail while filling up the application form.
- Also, students need to provide a valid document proof of their reservation quota. This proof is also needed to be carried by the candidate during the time of counselling.
- In case a candidate fails to provide any valid document for their reservation quota, then his/her reservation will not be considered, and he/she shall be considered from unreserved category.
- The category certificate is required to be issued in the prescribed format by the competent authority.
- The candidate seeking for their reservation under the state category, need to provide a domicile certificate.