JEE Mains online registration dates will get available from 1st December 2017and candidates are required to carry their Aadhaar card. Aspirants can fill their forms via online mode. This year the application form mode is changed only to online mode, unlike previous years, where both online and offline modes were available. Around 13 lakh candidates will be applying for the JEE Main 2018. It is the top level engineering entrance exam conducted by the CBSE board.
Moreover, the candidates have the choice of selecting the paper-1(B. Tech/B .E) or paper-2(B. Arch). At least candidate should have scored 45% marks in the 12th standard to apply for JEE Main 2018 registration. Also, the reserved candidates get the relaxation of 5% in 12th standard marks.
Steps to fill the application form
- Candidates need to register themselves at jeemain.nic.in.
- Then candidates should fill the aadhar card number, their personal and academic details.
- Next, the candidate needs to upload the scanned images of the photograph and signature.
- Further, the fee payment page will appear and candidates are required submit their fee through online or by e-challan latest by 2nd January 2018.
- As application fee for a different category is different, so care should be taken this time.
- If any mistake has been made during the filling of form then CBSE will open a window for the correction of form by January 2018.
- After the successful submission of the application form, the candidate will be able to download the JEE Main 2018 Admit Card from March 2018.
JEE Main 2018 Registration Form Correction
Candidates will get the chance to correct the mistakes they have made in filling the application form.
- Correction window will be opened in the January 2018.
- Specifically, the correction window will only allow the candidate to change the personal details or the Aadhar card details.
- Correction can be done only if the candidate has submitted the form fee.
- The balance fee needs to be paid by the candidate for the correction of the form.
- Also, the candidates can change their examination mode from pen& paper to online mode, but the reverse is not allowed.
Check Here Detailed application form correction
Eligibility for JEE Main 2018 Registration
- The minimum age limit to apply for JEE Main is from 17 to 25 years.
- Candidates need to have at least 45% marks in the 12th standard. To appear in the examination, there are no minimum marks required.
- To get admission in the IITs, NITs, CFTIs, students should attain at least 75% marks and 65% for SC/ST candidates. If any candidate doesn’t meet the mentioned criteria, then he/she should be in the top 20 percentile of the respective board.
- Candidates have only three attempts for this examination.
- Also, the candidates can give two attempts in consecutive years.
- Candidates are required to get passed in 12th standard or equivalent exam in 2016 and 2017. Also, they should have passed with the five subjects from the recognized board.
- Candidate appearing in the 12th standard in 2018 are also eligible for the JEE Main 2018. Having the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects are mandatory for the exam.
- Students who are born after or on 1st October 1994 can apply for this examination. There is five-year relaxation for the reserved category candidates.
- All the Indian candidates must have Aadhar Card to apply for JEE Main 2018 Registration.
Eligibility of Candidates from the Assam, Meghalaya, and J&K
The candidates pursuing the 12th standard or if they have passed it from the states of Assam, Meghalaya, and J&K, they must enter the ration card number, bank account, passport number or any government identity. They are also required to choose the examination center in these states only.
Check Here Eligibility Criteria
Documents Required Filling the JEE Main 2018 Registration Form
- Candidates need to have a passport size photograph (3.5cm*4.5cm) having the size of 4kB to 100KB in size.
- Candidates signature in the JPEG format (3.5 cm*1.5cm) having the size of 1kB to30 KB.
- Aadhar card number.
- Date of birth proof, class 10th mark sheet/birth certificate.
- Class 12th mark sheet.
- Caste certificate for SC/ST
- Caste certificate for OBC/NCL which is issued after 1st June 2015.
- Also, the candidates seeking the admission under the PWD category need to provide the proof.
- Domicile certificate.
- Passport (for NRI candidates)
Documents required for the foreign candidates
- Birth certificate for age proof.
- 12th standard mark sheet/ certificate (at least scoring 75% marks)
- Identity proof.
- Citizenship certificate/Passport of both the parents.
- Testimonial (If required)
JEE Main 2018 Registration Fees
- Candidates can pay the fee via online or offline mode. The fee is different, depending on the category and gender.
Examination fees in India
1. Offline mode:
- For general/OBC/male students, if they want to give paper1or2, then the application fee is Rs.1000 and for SC/ST/PWD/females, it is Rs.500.
- For general/OBC/males students, if they want to give both the papers the application fee is Rs.1800 and for the SC/ST/PWD/female candidates, it is Rs.1300.
2. Online mode
- For general/OBC/male students, if they want to give paper1or2, then the application fee is Rs.500 and for SC/ST/PWD/females it is Rs.250.
- For general/OBC/males students, if they want to give both the papers the application fee is Rs.1300 and for the SC/ST/PWD/female students, it is Rs.650.
Examination Fees in Foreign
1. Offline mode/Online mode:
- For general/OBC/male students, if they want to give paper 1or2, then the application fee is Rs.2500 and for SC/ST/PWD/females, it is Rs.1250.
- For general/OBC/male students, if they want to give both the papers the application fee is Rs.3800 and for the SC/ST/PWD/female students, it is Rs.1900.
Check Here Application Fee
Admit card after completing the JEE Main Online Registration
- The admit card will be available in March 2018. Candidate needs to download it from the online website by entering their application number and password.
- Admit card will have important details of the candidate. It will comprise the name, date of birth, exam schedule and JEE main examination centre.