JEE Main 2018 application form correction will start in the December month 2017. While filling the form, the candidate makes mistakes. CBSE gives the opportunity to correct the mistakes made by the candidates. Usually, the candidate makes the spelling mistakes, filling of incomplete personal and academic information or when uploading the photograph.
The JEE Main 2018 correction is only for that candidate who has submitted the application form successfully along with the application fee. They will be able to correct the exam mode, Adhar card number, photograph and signature, and personal details.
JEE Main 2018 application form correction
Candidates who have made a mistake while filling the form, gets a correction window for a limited time. This will be the only chance to correct the mistakes in the form. The correction can be made from the official website of Joint Entrance Examination Main i.e. jeemain.nic.in in the fourth quarter of January 2018.
Hence, candidates are required to carefully verify the details filled in the application form. It should be noted that the change in exam mode from computer-based examination to pen and paper examination is not allowed.
Tentative Dates for JEE Main 2018 Application Form Correction
- In the second week of December 2018, the correction of Joint Entrance Examination Main image will start.
- The online application of JEE Main will get closed by the 3rd week of January 2018.
- Commencement of Joint Entrance Examination Main application form correction will start by the fourth week of January.
- JEE Main 2018 correction last date for the application will be on the 1st week of January.
Steps for the JEE Main Registration Form Correction
Following are the steps to correct the mistake made in filling the information in an form.
To correct the mistake made in uploading the photograph
- Visit the jeemain.nic.in, official website of the Joint Entrance Examination Main
- Login to the website using your application number, pin security, and password.
- Click on the option “Remove the discrepancy in uploaded image.”
- You will get an option to change the image with the discrepancy with the correct image.
- A scanned passport sized photograph should be uploaded having the name and date mentioned over it.
- The photograph to be uploaded should have a clear contrast.
To Correct the Information in Application Form
- Visit the official website and log in, by using your application number, pin security, and password.
- Carefully check the details filled in the form. In case there is a mistake, correct it with valid details.
- After filling the correct information revise it and submit the form.
- There can be a fee charged by the CBSE. Pay it for the form correction in a correct format.
- The correction fee is charged only for some fields.
Some Important Points Related to JEE Main 2018 Application Form Correction
- The candidate is allowed to change the exam center if they are not comfortable coming to the earlier selected city. Moreover, they can switch from paper-1 to paper-2 and vice-versa and opt both the papers. For it to happen, the candidate needs to pay some extra fee for that period. The change of the mode of examination from computer-based examination to pen and paper based examination is not allowed.
- If Candidate has entered the wrong Aadhar card number, then they can change it. If any candidate has requested for the updation of Aadhar card, then he or she can enter the 14 digit enrollment ID/UR number which is mentioned on the slip provided by the Aadhar center for submitting the updation request.
- In case if any candidate has filled the form for both the papers and submitted the fees successfully, he or she will not get the refund for any paper if they don’t want to give any of the examination.
- For the candidates appearing in the 12th standard examination in 2017 or giving the improvement examination in 2017, filling the roll number is not mandatory. In case they have the roll number, they can fill it otherwise it can be left blank.
- If more than one form has been filled for the JEE Main 2018 and they have same details, then it will get merged and only one admit card will be generated.
- If the city opted by the candidate is full. Also, the candidate has not selected the date and time slot of examination, then CBSE will automatically allot the city, date and time. The exam center address, time and date will be mentioned on the admit card.
- In case the candidate has submitted the incorrect details and confirmation page is also generated, then the candidate should note down the details to be changed. Next, they should refer to their 10th mark sheet or certificate, and then click on the link of application form correction mentioned above.
- Candidate can send their query related to jee main 2018 application form correction, by mentioning the name, application number, the mistake committed and correct details to be filled.