JEE Main 2018 Exam Pattern
The JEE Main exam is conducted by two papers, paper-1 and paper-2. Paper-1 is for the candidates who are aspiring for the B.E/B.Tech and, paper-2 is for the candidates who are appearing for B. Planning /B. Arch.
Till now there is no change in the JEE Main 2018 exam pattern but there is a high chance of changes which can be made. This is because of the stride taken by the finance minister in the starting of 2017 at National Testing Service. It was announced that the central board of secondary education would be replaced with a separate agency to conduct an examination.
Some important points regarding JEE Main 2018
- For paper-1, both online and offline mode is available, but for paper-2, there is only offline mode.
- Paper-1 will consist of question from physics, mathematics, and chemistry. Paper-2 will have questions from aptitude test, mathematics and drawing test.
- In total there would be 90 questions in paper-1 and 82 questions in paper-2.
- There is language option as per JEE Main 2018 exam pattern, Hindi and English across India. Moreover, CBSE will allow some states to conduct the examination in their regional language. The time limit for both paper-1 and paper-2 would be 4 hours.
- For the correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded and for the wrong answer, ¼ marks will be deducted.
JEE Main Exam Pattern 2018 for Physics
The syllabus which comes under the physics is related to the nature and properties of matter. This subject comprises of heat, mechanics, light, radiation, electricity, sound, structure of atoms and magnetism.
- There are 30 questions on this subject in this section.
- Objective type question would be asked and the medium of answering the questions would be as per the selected mode by the student.
- For each right answer 4 marks would be awarded, and for each wrong answer, ¼ would be deducted.
- According to the JEE Main 2017, physics paper analysis, there was 11 question from mechanics, 8 questions from electrodynamics, 6 questions from the modern and nuclear physics, 3 questions from the thermodynamics and kinetic theory and 2 questions from optics and wave optics.
JEE Main Exam Pattern 2018 for Chemistry
Chemistry comprises of inorganic, organic and physical chemistry.
- In total, 30 objective type questions will be asked from this subject.
- The candidate will be able to answer the question as per the choice opted among Hindi, English, Marathi, Gujarati/Urdu.
- For every right answer 4 marks will be allowed and for every wrong answer, ¼ marks will get deducted.
- As per the last year chemistry paper analysis, there were 11 questions from the inorganic chemistry, 8 from organic chemistry and 11 from the physical chemistry.
JEE Main 2018 Exam Pattern for Mathematics
Mathematics comprises of the topics like quantity, space, structure, and change. Mathematics has got a prominent role in engineering, natural science, finance, and medicine.
- In total there will be 30 questions from mathematics.
- The medium of answering will depend on the student choice opted among Hindi, English, Marathi, Gujarati/Urdu.
- For every right answer, 4 marks will be awarded and for every wrong answer, ¼ marks will be deducted.
- As per the last year analysis, there were 15 questions from the Algebra, 6 questions from the Calculus and 3 questions from the conic section, vectors, and trigonometry.
JEE Main Exam Pattern 2018 for Paper-2
Paper-2 will be conducted for the candidates who are appearing for B.Arch/B.Planning. This paper will happen through offline mode. The scheduled date is 1st April 2018.
This paper will comprise 82 question from aptitude, mathematics and drawing sections. There will be 50 question from Aptitude, 30 question from mathematics, and 2 question from the drawing section.
The duration of exam will be 3 hours. Moreover, there will be three different parts, part-1, part-2, and part-3.
Syllabus of JEE Main 2018
- The syllabus is based on the topics from the 11th and 12th standard.
- For paper-1 the syllabus covers from physics, mathematics, and chemistry. For paper-2 the syllabus covers the mathematics, aptitude and drawing section.
JEE Main Pattern 2018 Topics of Paper-1
Physics and measurement, laws of motion, kinematics, work, energy and power, rotational motion, gravitation, properties of solids and liquids, thermodynamics, kinetic theory of gases.
Sets, relations and functions, matrices and determinants, complex number and quadratic equations, permutation and combination, binomial theorem, mathematical induction, sequence and series, limits, continuity and differentiability.
Basic concepts of chemistry, states of matter, solid states, liquid state, properties of liquids, atomic structure, chemical bonding, molecular structure, covalent bond, chemical thermodynamics, equilibrium and solutions, redox reactions and electrochemistry.
JEE Main Pattern 2018 Topics for Paper-2
Building and material, awareness of places and persons, texture and objects related to the architecture, building environment, visualizing 3D object from the 2D objects, analytical reasoning, color texture, building forms and elements, contrast and harmony.
Sets, relations and functions, matrices and determinants, complex number and quadratic equations, permutation and combination, mathematical induction, sequence and series, limits, binomial theorem, continuity and differentiability, integral calculus, vector algebra, coordinate geometry, 3 D geometry, probability, statistics and mathematical reasoning.
Transformation of forms from 2D to 3 D union, drawing and designing of abstract shapes and pattern by pencil, elevations and 3D view of objects, generation of a plane, 2D and 3D compositions from the given shapes and forms, sketching of activities from the memory of the urban scene, rural life, and landscape.