JEE Main examination application form will be available by the first week of December 2017. Its availability will be declared by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The registration process will also start simultaneously with the announcement of JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) Main application form.
A candidate who is willing to appear in the Joint Entrance Examination Main 2018 examination, they can apply by registering them via online mode and paying the application fee. To successfully submit the application form, submission of Aadhar card is also necessary. Hence, candidates are required to provide the Aadhar card details, during the registration. After completing the registration, candidates can submit JEE Main 2018 application fee via online and offline mode.
JEE Main Exam Application Form 2018 Important Dates
- JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) Main online registration will start on the first week of December 2017.
- The last date to submit the JEE( Joint Entrance Examination) Main 2018 application form will be the third week of January 2018.
- The last date of JEE Main application fee payment will be the third week of January 2018.
- Offline examination of JEE(Joint Entrance Examination) Main 2018, will be conducted in the first week of April 2018.
- Online examination of JEE(Joint Entrance Examination) Main 2018 will be conducted in the second week of April 2018.
- In case of correction in the uploaded image, the correction window will be opening in the second week of December 2018.
Calculation of JEE Main Application Fee 2018
Candidates can calculate JEE Main 2018 application fee through the online examination fee calculator. This calculator is introduced by the CBSE. Candidates need to enter the given below details and they will come to know JEE Main application fee 2018. The fee can be paid during the registration process.
- Candidate applying for the paper-1 or paper-2 and for both the papers.
- The mode examination.
- Location of the exam center you want.
- Category of the candidate (SC/ST/OBC/PwD)
- Case sensitive security pin shown on the window.
After filling up all the mentioned detail, the fee calculator will reflect fee on the screen.
JEE Main 2018 Fees Structure
Application fee of the Joint Entrance Examination Main 2018 are different for the people depending on the exam mode (offline or online), gender, and category. Applicants can refer the fee structure given below.
For offline mode, general and OBC candidates will fill the application form at Rs.1000 for paper 1or 2, and for both the papers, the fee is Rs.1800.
For offline mode, SC/ST/PWD/All female candidates, will fill the application fee of Rs.500, and for paper 1 or 2 and for both the papers, the fee is 900.
For online mode, general/OBCs/ male candidates will fill the application form for paper 1or 2 at Rs.500 and for both the papers at Rs.1300.
For online mode, SC/ST/PWD/All girls can fill for paper 1 or 2 in Rs.250 and for both the papers at Rs.650.
How to pay the JEE Main Application Fee 2018
- Payment through credit card
While making the payment of JEE Main application fee by the credit card, the candidate will have to pay extra charges of 1.20% of examination fee. Moreover, the service tax will be applied while making the payment from the credit card.
- Payment through debit card
The candidate will pay extra charges of .75% of examination fee and tax will be applied to the examination fee of up to 2000 INR, and 1% more tax will be applied in case the application fee is more than 2000INR.
- Payment through e-challan
After successfully submitting the online application form, the candidates can pay the application fee through e-challan. The requisite amount can be submitted in any branch of Syndicate Bank, HDFC, Canara Bank and ICICI Bank.
Steps for the JEE Main 2018 application
- Candidates need to visit the official website of JEE(Joint Entrance Examination) Main (jeemain.nic.in). The application form will be available on the website from the first week of Decemeber2017. The details in the application form can be entered and submitted successfully via online mode. There will be no offline mode available to fill the application form.
- The candidates born on or after the 1st October 1993 are eligible to apply for JEE(Joint Entrance Examination) Main 2018. Applicants of a reserved category will get the relaxation of 5years in upper age limit.
- Candidate can read the other eligibility criterias for JEE(Joint Entrance Examination) Main 2018 from the eligibility section.
Document to fill the JEE Main exam application form 2018
There are some documents which need to be submitted to complete the application process. The list of those documents is given below.
- Latest passport size photograph
- Scan copy of the signature down with the black ballpoint pen.
- Scan copy of thumb impression.
- Category certificate for the candidate coming under any reservation.
JEE Main exam application process 2018
- Candidate can log in to the official website of JEE(Joint Entrance Examination) Main (jeemain.nic.in).
- Then click on the JEE(Joint Entrance Examination) Main 2018 link to open up application page.
- Carefully read the instructions and guidelines, once you have gone through it, click on the checkbox and fill the details in application form.
- The candidate needs to fill the personal details, then other details like exam applying for, exam centers and medium of an exam.
- Next, verify the details you have filled and submit the application form.
- After submitting the application form applicant needs to upload the documents.
- After uploading the application form, a candidate needs to pay to JEE Main 2018 application fee by clicking on the option “Pay Exam Fee.”
- Once the candidate makes the payment he or she will get the acknowledgment page. Print out can be taken out for the future communications.