JEE Advanced 2018 will be conducted on May 20, 2018, as announced by the Joint Admission Board (JAB). IIT Kanpur will be conducting national level JEE Advanced 2018 in online mode. Engineering aspirants who qualify Advanced 2018 will get admission to BE/ B.Tech course offered by IITs, ISM Dhanbad and IISc Bangalore. Only those applicants who qualify JEE Main 2018 will be eligible to appear in Joint Entrance Examination Advanced 2018.
The online registration for Joint Entrance Examination Advanced 2018 will begin on April 28, 2018, and the admit card will be made available on May 10, 2018. JEE Advanced 2018 results will be released online on the official website i.e. www.jeeadv.ac.in and admission will be given through JEE Counselling conducted by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) in June, 2018.
JEE Advanced 2018 Notification
JAB has recently announced that Joint Entrance Examination Advanced 2018 will be a computer-based test and conducted in online mode to avoid any typographical error. Also, top 2.40 Lac JEE Main 2018 qualified candidates will be appearing in Joint Entrance Examination Advanced 2018. JAB has increased the number of candidates appearing in JEE Advanced 2018 by 4, 000 i.e. from 2.0 Lac students to 2.40 Lac students.
JEE Advanced 2018 Exam Date
IIT Advanced 2018 will be conducted after the declaration of JEE Main 2018 result. Applicants who qualify JEE Main 2018 shall register for Advanced 2018 through its official website www.jeeadv.ac.in. Below we have mentioned a detailed list of dates of every event associated with IIT Advanced 2018.
|Registration begins from||April 28, 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form (without late fee)||May 02, 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form (with late fee)||May 03 & 04, 2018|
|Advanced 2018 admit card will be available from||May 10, 2018|
|Last date to download the admit card||May 20, 2018|
|Advanced 2018 Exam||May 20, 2018|
|Online release of answer key||June 04, 2018|
|Declaration of Advanced 2018 result||June 11, 2018|
|Online registration of Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)||June 11 & 12, 2018|
|AAT Exam Date||June 14, 2018|
|Result declaration of AAT 2018||June 18, 2018|
|Seat Allotment Date (Tentative)||June 19, 2018 to July 18, 2018|
JEE Advanced 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who fulfill the entire eligibility criterion as specified shall apply for Joint Entrance Examination Advanced 2018. The applicant shall visit the official website to fill up the JEE Advanced 2018 online application form. Refer to the eligibility criterion mentioned below before applying for the examination.
- Nationality: Candidates of Indian and Foreign nationality can apply for Joint Entrance Examination Advanced 2018.
- Those who qualify JEE Main 2018 and ranked among top 2, 20, 000 students.
- Candidates of General category must be less than 26 years of age and candidates of SC/ ST category are given relaxation of 5 years.
- Applicants who are appearing in 10+2 or its equivalent qualifying examination in 2018 are also considered eligible to appear in Advanced 2018.
- Candidates are given 2 attempts in consecutive years to appear in Joint Entrance Examination Advanced 2018.
- Applicants who have qualified Advanced earlier and rejected the allotted seat in IIT are also eligible to appear in Joint Entrance Examination Advanced 2018.
- Those who have joined the preparatory course in IIT are also eligible to apply.
- Applicants who have submitted the seat allotment fee earlier and did not accept the seat are also eligible for Joint Entrance Examination Advanced 2018.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 with minimum 75% marks (65% for ST/ SC/ PWD candidates) or have been in the top 20 percentile of the qualified candidates are eligible to appear in Advanced 2018.
- In case if the candidate appeared in 10+2 or its equivalent qualifying examination in 2017 and reappeared in 2018 the best of the two performances is considered.
JEE Advanced 2018 Application Form
The tentative date of the availability of IIT Advanced 2018 application form is April 28, 2018, and the application slot will remain open until May 02, 2018. Candidates who qualify JEE Main 2018 will be eligible to apply for Joint Entrance Examination Advanced 2018. The application form will be made available on the official website of Advanced i.e. www.jeeadv.ac.in. Follow the application procedure mentioned below while filling up the application form.
- The application process begins with the registration.
- Follow this link www.jeeadv.ac.in to visit the official website.
- Enter your JEE Main Roll No. and Date of Birth.
- Log in to your account and change your password.
- Complete the registration process.
- After changing the password enter your personal and academic details in the application form.
- Fill up all other details correctly and carefully viz. no. of attempts, exam center, category, etc.
- If the candidate wants to opt for scribe he/ she should mention it in the application form.
- Complete the application form and review it before the submission.
- Upload passport sized photograph
- Certificate of Class X/ XII
- Scanned copy of candidate’s signature
- Scanned copy of left thumb impression
- OBC-NCL category certificate
- Disability Certificate (for PWD candidates)
- All the documents must be in JPG/ JPEG format and the size of the file should be greater than 50 KB and less than 300 KB.
The application fee could be paid in both online and offline modes. Also, the application fee varies depending upon the category the candidate belongs to and the examination center. Application fee for Female/ SC/ ST/ PwD candidates is Rs. 1200, while for other candidates application fee is Rs. 2400. Extra Rs. 500 will be charged for late submission.
Online: Pay the application fee through Net Banking/ Credit or Debit card.
Offline: Make the payment of the application fee in cash using system generated SBI e-challan and submitting it at any nearest SBI Branch.
JEE Advanced 2018 Admit Card
Candidates could download the admit cardof JEE Advanced 2018 from the website of Joint Entrance Examination Advanced from May 10, 2018, to May 21, 2018. It is always suggested to cross-check the credential mentioned on the admit card viz. candidate’s name, date of birth, exam center, date of examination, photograph, signature, roll number, etc. Take its print out and don’t forget to carry it during the examination. Incase of any discrepancy contact the Chairman of Joint Entrance Examination Advanced of the Zonal IIT. Follow the steps mentioned below to download the Advanced 2018 admit card.
- Go to the official website of Joint Entrance Examination Advanced, www.jeeadv.ac.in
- Click on “Admit Card” link on the screen.
- Fill in your “Application No.” and “Password”.
- Admit card will display on the screen check it thoroughly.
- Get the print out of the admit card.
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2018
IIT Advanced 2018 will be conducted in online mode as announced by JAB and will have two papers with 3 sections in each viz. Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Paper-I will have objective type questions and Paper-II will have numerical type questions. Get an idea of the JEE Advanced 2018 exam pattern here.
|Date of Exam||May 21, 2018|
|Mode of Exam||ONLINE|
|Number of Papers||2|
|Language||Hindi and English|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Total Questions||Paper-I: 90|
|Total marks||Paper-I: 264|
|Type of Questions||Paper-I: Objective Type|
Paper-II: Numerical Type
|Subjects||Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics|
JEE Advanced 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus of JEE Advanced 2018 is similar to 10+2 CBSE Board examination syllabus. The test includes questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and here below we have mentioned the Joint Entrance Examination Advanced 2018 subject-wise syllabus in detail.
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Calculus
- Analytical Geometry
- Thermal Physics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Modern Physics
- Physical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Inorganics Chemistry
JEE Advanced 2018 Result
As per the tentative date sheet, result off IITJEE Advanced 2018 will be declared by the 2nd week of June, 2018. The result will be released online on the website of Joint Entrance Examination Advanced. Candidates are required to log in to their account with their roll number and date of birth and check the result. Applicants could check their All India Rank (AIR) and category-wise AIR as well. Qualified candidates are instructed to attend JEE Advanced 2018 counselling for seat allotment conducted by JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority). Follow the steps given below to download the IIT Advanced 2018 result.
- Pay a visit to the official website, www. jeeadv.nic.in
- Click on “result” link.
- Enter your Roll No. and DOB
- Hit the submit button and get your Joint Entrance Examination Advanced 2018 result on the screen.
- Check the result and get its printout for future reference.
JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling
Applicants who qualify JEE Advanced 2018 are eligible to attend JEE Counselling 2018 conducted by JoSAA in the month of June-July. Advanced Counselling is a common seat allotment procedure for IIT, ISM Dhanbad, and IISc Bangalore. Go through the complete process of Advanced 2018 Counselling below.
- Visit the website of official website, www.jeeadv.ic.in
- Register yourself and enter your Name, JEE Advanced Roll number, Joint Entrance Examination Advanced Registration No., DOB, and password.
Online Choice Filling
- Log in to your account with your id (Registration No./ Advanced Roll no.) and password generated.
- Enter your choice of course and college as per your preference.
- Review your selection and lock it.
- Upload the required documents viz. category certificate (for SC/ ST candidates) which will be verified after the registration.
- Take a print out of the locked choices.
JEE Advanced Seat Allotment
Candidates shall pay the counselling fee online on successful allotment of provisional seat. In case of any inconvenience during the counselling or if JCOP (Counselling Portal) is not accessible candidates shall contact the Joint Entrance Examination Advanced helpline. Allotment of Seat is done based on following criteria
- Date of Birth
- Percentage of Disability
Document Verification and Reporting
Afterthe successful seat allotment candidates are instructed to report with an original copy and one attested copy of each mandatory documents in person for document verification. Bring along the following documents for verification.
- IIT Advanced Seat Allotment letter from JoSSA
- Joint Entrance Examination Advanced Admit card (Original copy)
- Advanced Application Form
- Medical Examination Report
- Proof of Date of Birth: Certificate of Class X/HSC/Birth Certificate
- Mark sheet of Class XII/SSC or equivalent exam and Passing Certificate
- Category Certificate (OBC (NCL)/SC/ST/PwD/DS)
- Attested photocopy of the page in the passport containing name, photo, and nationality (For foreign national)
Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) 2018
Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) is conducted for the candidates who want to join B.Arch. course in IIT, Kharagpur or IIT, Roorkee. Only those applicants who qualify Joint Entrance Examination Advanced 2018 are eligible to appear in AAT 2018. Advanced 2018 qualified candidates will register themselves online for AAT 2018 through the official website i.e. www.jeeadv.nic.in.
AAT is 3 hours duration test conducted in the month of June. Eligible candidates can use their Advanced 2018 admit card for AAT 2018.
JEE Advanced 2018 FAQs – Asked Questions
1. If I have mark sheet and passing certificate of Class 12th examination, which one I shall upload?
In that case, you shall upload the marks statement of Class 12th examination.
2. Can I appear in AAT 2018 without appearing in Advanced 2018?
No, you cannot. It is mandatory for the applicant to qualify Advanced 2018 to appear in AAT 2018.
3. How much one has to pay for the late submission of JEE Advanced 2018 application form?
Candidates have to pay Rs. 500 as a penalty for late submission.
4. I want to know my login to apply for Joint Entrance Examination Advanced 2018.
Your JEE Main Roll number and password is your login id and password for Joint Entrance Examination Advanced 2018.
5. Is the paper available in the Hindi language as well?
Yes, there is a choice available for the applicants to choose from English or Hindi during the JEE Advanced 2018 registration process.
6. I am appearing in 10+2 examination and donâ€™t have my class 12th passing certificate to upload, will I be eligible to fill up the JEE Advanced 2018 application form?
Yes, you could fill up the application form as there is no requirement of uploading Class 12th passing certificate.