COMEDK UGET 2018 will be conducted through the consortium of the medical engineering and dental colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK). It is a state level exam which enables the candidates to get admission in various colleges for B. Tech and B. Arch programs.
The conducting authorities will conduct the entrance exam tentatively in the second week of May 2018. After qualifying this examination the candidates will get admission in various engineering colleges of Karnataka. This examination acts as an alternative to the candidates who have appeared for the state exam. Candidates are required to meet the eligibility criteria to appear for this examination. The exam mode will be the computer-based examination and a merit list will be prepared for the candidates on the basis of their score attained.
The seat allotment will be performed on the basis of score obtained by the candidates. COMEDK UGET 2018 will take place in 290 exam centers, in 32 cities across the India. The candidates can refer the full articles to know about the COMEDK UGET 2018 Notification, application form, application fee, eligibility criteria, exam dates, counselling, preparation tips and much more.
Currently, 181 engineering colleges are affiliated by COMEDK UGET 2018. By qualifying this examination candidate will get admission into more than 20000 open engineering seats which are offered by the participating institutes. Previously, in 2017 around 72152 students appeared in this exam.
Till 2015, COMEDK was conducted for Medical, Dental, and engineering courses. After the Supreme Court Ordinance NEET as a single national test for the medical entrance exam, only engineering courses are offered through COMEDK.
COMEDK in collaboration with the ERA foundation will conduct the entrance exam for the candidates to get admission in B. E/B. Tech programmes. The application process is common. The application for this examination will be made through the online mode from the official website of COMEDK. The application form will get available from the February 2018.
The common entrance exam will be conducted in the month of May 2018. After the completion of an exam, both COMEDK and UNI GUAGE will declare their separate scorecard. These scores will be used to get admission in various institutes. Counselling will be performed for COMEDK and candidates interested in the applying for institutes under UNI GUAGE scorecard, they can register themselves in the respective institutes.
COMEDK UGET 2018 Exam Dates
The exams dates that are mentioned below in the table are tentative. Official dates are yet to be announced. The application form will be available on the website i.e. www.comedk.org from the month of February 2018. The other important dates are also mentioned in the table given below:
|1||Release of application form||February to April 2018|
|2||Release of admit card||May 2018|
|3||Exam date||May 2018|
|4||Result declaration||May 2018|
The eligibility of the candidate is different for different courses. The basic eligibility for all the courses is that candidate should have passed the 12th standard.
The other eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
For B.Tech course
- The candidate should have passed the 12th standard. They should have studied Physics and mathematics as the main subject and other subjects like chemistry/biology/biotechnology/ electronics computer science as the optional subject in the 11th and 12th standard.
- A candidate who is appearing for the 12th standard examination is also eligible for this examination. However, they must provide the documents at the time of admission.
- For the candidates of general category, they should attain at least 45% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and mathematics and should have passed each subject individually. For the candidates of SC/ST, there is 5% relaxation in the aggregate marks.
- For the diploma holders, they cannot give this examination. Moreover, no lateral entry is allowed for them.
For B.Arch course
- Candidate should have passed 12th standard with mathematics as one of the main subjects.
- Candidate should have passed the 10+3 diploma from a university recognized by the state or central.
- Candidates should have attained 50% for general category, and for SC/ST category they need to attain 45% marks.
- For B.Arch no entrance exam is conducted. The interested candidates need to appear for NATA and should attain at least score of 80 from 200 for both open and reserved category.
COMEDK UGET 2018 Application form
Candidate can fill the application form through the official website of COMED K i.e. www.comedk.org. For both the exam COMEDK and UNI GUAGE, the application form can be filled from the online mode. Following are the steps to successfully fill the application form.
1. COMEDK UGET Registration 2018
- Candidate need to visit the official website( www.comedk.org)
- Then click on the Apply button for UGET.
- Next click on new registration.
- Candidates need to fill the application form (RFA).
- On submitting successfully, the login details will be available.
2. Fill the application form
- After registration, candidates need to fill the educational qualification and personal details.
3. Uploading the documents
- After filling the details, upload the documents. Upload the recent photograph. The photograph should have clear visibility of face and have the dimension of 30x80mm, 80kb and in .jpeg format.
- Similarly, upload the signature. The signature should have been made from the black pen on white paper with the dimension of 30x80mm, 80kb and .jpeg format.
- Next, upload the father’s signature with same specifications.
- Provide any of the valid ID from the following, passport, adhaar card, voter ID card, License, Pan card, school or college ID and principal’s certificate. The ID should have the dimension of 30x80mm, 80kb size and .jpeg format.
4. Submit the application fee
- After submitting the application form, applicant needs to send it along with the demand draft of Rs.1200 to the address given below
The Executive Secretary,
COMEDK, 132, Second Floor,
11th Main, 17th Cross Malleswaram,
Bangalore – 560055, Karnataka
- Candidates can submit the fee through both modes, offline and online. The fee payment can be made via credit/debit card or net banking. For offline mode, bank challan can be made from any Axis Bank Branch.
Programmes offered through COMEDK UGET 2018
For B.Tech programmes
- Electrical and instrumental engineering.
- Aerospace engineering
- Information science.
- Bio-medical engineering
- Automobile engineering
- Electrical and communication engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Telecommunication engineering
- Information technology and engineering
- Computer science engineering
- Construction tech and management
- Medical Electronics.
- Textile engineering
- Mechatronics engineering
- Manufacturing science and engineering
- Mining engineering
- Industrial engineering
- Industrial engineering and management
- Ceramic and cement technology
- Mechanical engineering
- Automation and robotics engineering
- Marine engineering
- Electronics and instrumentation engineering
- Biotechnology engineering
- Industrial engineering and production
- Civil engineering
- Aeronautical engineering
- Environmental engineering
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Nanotechnology engineering
COMEDK UGET Admit Card 2018
The admit card will be available from the first week of May 2018. Candidate can download it from the official website of COMEDK UGET 2018.
COMEDK UGET Admit card is also called as the test admission ticket. It should be noted that no admit card will be sent by email or by post or courier. Candidate needs to refer all the details mentioned in the admit card. In case of any discrepancy in the admit card candidate can contact the conducting authority. At the time of examination and counselling, the candidates are required to bring the admit card along with them.
COMEDK UGET 2018 Admit card will contain the following details:
- The registration number of candidate.
- Admission ticket number (TAT)
- Name of the candidate
- Photo and signature.
- Test center details and candidates postal address.
- Exam timing and general instructions.
COMEDK UGET Exam Center 2018
This examination will take place in the 153 cities across the nation in the month of May 2018.
- Candidates are required to select the suitable examination center at the time of registration process only.
- The exam centers are alloted to the candidates, on the basis of first come first serve basis.
- The exam centers once submitted in the application form will be not get changed later.
COMEDK UGET Exam Pattern
This exam is based on the 12th standard subjects namely, Physics, Chemistry, and mathematics. The exam will be conducted through online mode.
Following are the highlights of exam pattern
- It is the online mode exam i.e. computer-based exam.
- The time duration is 3 hours.
- For every right answer, one mark is allotted.
- The question paper will have three sections with the below-given weightage.
- For Physics, there will be 60 questions.
- For chemistry, there will be 60 questions.
- For mathematics, there will be 60 questions.
COMEDK UGET 2018 examination doesn’t have negative marking. This allows the candidate to attempt all the questions.
COMEDK UGET Syllabus 2018
The syllabus is framed from the three subjects Physics, Chemistry, and mathematics. The Subjects include all the topics covered in the 11th and 12th standard. For more details, candidates can go through the detailed syllabus given below.
- General dimensions
- Thermal Physics
- Hooke’s law and force
- Electricity and magnetism
- Modern physics
- Sound and mechanical waves
- Electricity and magnetism
- Centripetal and centrifugal force
- Thermal and chemical effect of current
- Mole concept
- Solid state
- Aldehyde and ketones
- Classification of elements and properties
- F block elements
- Aromatic compounds
- Nuclear chemistry
- Environmental chemistry
- Atomic structure
- Gaseous and liquid state
- P-block element
- Measurement in chemistry
- Surface chemistry
- Chemical kinetics
- S-block elements
- Metal and metallurgy
- Co-ordination compounds
- Basic concepts
- Carboxylic acid
- Chemistry in action
- Matrices and determinants
- Differential calculus
- Number system
- Vector algebra
- Integral calculus
- Differential equations
- 3 D geometry
How to Prepare for COMEDK UGET 2018
Candidates need to plan for their preparation to crack this examination. Here are some of the COMEDK UGET 2018 Preparation Tips, which will certainly help the candidates to enhance their preparation.
- Make a proper schedule for the exam preparation
- Know about the exam pattern and complete the syllabus of the examination
- Try to practice the COMEDK UGET Sample Papers 2018.
- Keep a positive attitude and don’t get distracted.
- Eat well and don’t get stressed, do some exercise to keep your posture good and anxiety level low.
- Prepare proper notes for the chapters and understand the basic concepts.
- Emphasize on the revision of the studied chapters.
- Try to give enough time to every topic. Don’t just study only interesting topics.
- Go for Best Preparation Books for COMEDK UGET preparation.
COMEDK UGET 2018 Mock Tests
COMEDK will release the mock test in the month of February 2018. The mock test helps the candidates to prepare better for the exam. From 2016, the computer-based examination has been introduced and candidates need to get accustomed to this mode of exam. By proper planning and hard work, the candidate can crack this examination.
Mock test will enable the candidate to understand the exam pattern and prepare accordingly. Moreover, it will also give an idea of the rank candidate can obtain in the main exam.
COMEDK UGET Answer key 2018
- Provisional and final, are the two answer key, that will be released by the COMEDK.
- These answer keys can be downloaded from the official website of COMEDK.
- Provisional answer key will get available after the exam.
- For the final answer, key candidates will have to wait, as it will be released after reviewing all the answers considered during challenging the answer key.
- Candidates can check their right and wrong answer by referring the answer key. Also, they can evaluate the rank they will get.
- Any candidate can challenge the answer key by paying the amount of Rs.500/- per answer.
- If the answer is correct for the challenge, then the fee will get refunded.
How to challenge the COMEDK Answer Key
- Candidate needs to log in the website with their ID and password.
- Next, fill the query in the anwer key challenge form.
- Clear all the grievances with all the required documents.
- Now, challege can be presented as per the format.
- Then pay the amount of Rs.500/- per query.
- If the answer is considered right in the challenge, then the fee will be refunded.
- The query for the answer key will be considered till the provisional answer key dates. No such thing will be performed during the final answer key and the final decision will be taken by the COMEDK.
COMEDK UGET Results 2018
The result will be declared in the month of May 2018. Candidates who will appear for this exam will be able to check their result on the official website of COMEDK i.e. www.comedk.org. The result will get declared in two phases, phase1 and phase2. In Phase1 of result, the test scores are announced and in phase2 result, rank list is announced.
Phase-1 COMEDK result:
Candidates can follow the steps given below to check the COMEDK UGET 2018 result with test scores and rank card.
- Visit the official website of COMEDK 2018.
- Log in by using the COMEDK UGET 2018 application number and date of birth.
- The result will appear on the screen.
- Candidate can take the print out for the future use.
Phase-2 COMEDK UGET 2018 Rank List
The rank list will be declared in the month of June 2018. Candidates can check the online rank card of COMEDK 2018 by visiting the website i.e. www.comedk.org. The rank card needs to have the following details, otherwise it will be invaild.
- COMEDK UGET 2018 Admission ticket number (TAT number).
- Application number
- Registration number
- Candidate’s name ( as filled in the application form)
- Candidate’s postal address and contact details( as mentioned in the application form)
- Candidate’s photo (as given in the application form
- Digital signature of COMEDK authority.
- Date of Birth and category
- Photo ID proof.
- COMEDK 2018 score card and rank card.
Merit list of COMEDK UGET
The merit list gets pusblished on the official website of COMEDK. Currently, the provisonal merit list has been declared in the month of August. The candidates are given the time to make all the queries related to the merit list and then, the final merit list is released in the month of September. The list is prepared on the basis of the performance of candidates in COMEDK 2018 examination.
- Firstly, it will be perfomed on the basis of the candidate having minimum number of wrong answers in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry will be preferred.
- If it is not resolved, then the candidate having hgiher aggregate marks in Physics, Mathematics and chemistry will be preferred.
- If still the tie exists, then candidate having higher marks in mathematics will be preferred.
- If still the tie exists, then the candidate of more age will be preferred.
The merit list for the MBBS and BDS will be declared on the basis of NEET score. It will be prepared on the basis of candidates’ choices and rank. The provisonal list will be declared in the month of August 2018.
COMEDK UGET cut off 2018
The cut off is based on different factors like availability of seats, number of aspirants and difficulty level of the exam. Candidates can refer to the previous year cut off list to get an idea of current year cutoff list.
The cut off list is prepared by the conducting authorities of COMEDK. The cut off list will show the opening and closing ranks, which candidate needs to attain to get seat in the participating institutions. Cut off acts as a screeing process for admissions. It should be noted that the cut off for every institute will be different.
COMEDK UGET Counselling 2018
It is single round process which will be perfomed after the declaration of results. Candidates are required to register themselves separately to participate in the sear allotement process. The process will have following steps:
- Document verification
The candidates appearing in the COMEDK UGET 2018 counselling process needs to verify their documents in the counter. They should carry the attested photo copies of their documents. Also, they should have a demand draft of Rs.50000/- drawn from any nationalized banks on the favor of COMEDK payable at Bangalore.
To appear in the counselling, the candidates are required to register themselves. They need to carry the registration slip to counselling center.
- Choice filling
After registration, candidate needs to fill their choices based on the seats available as per their COMEDK UGET 2018 ranks.
- Seat allotment:
The candidates will receive a confirmed seat allotment letter. They can confirm the seat allotment by paying Rs.50000/- through the DD.
- Reporting and Admission:
Candidates need to report at the Allotted College with COMEDK UGET 2018 seat allotment letter for admission and complete the formalities.
Documents Required for Counselling
- Allotment Letter which is issued to candidate by COMEDK
- Transfer Certificate from school
- Copy of online application form
- Identity proof of Parent or Guardian accompanying the candidate
- TAT Card of COMEDK UGET 2018
- Rank Card COMEDK UGET 2018
- ID Proof
- 10th Standard or School Leaving Certificate
- 2nd PUC or 12th standard or equivalent qualifying exam attained scorecard.
- Demand Draft, drawn only from nationalized banks in favor of ‘COMEDK’
- Caste certificate for SC/ST/OBC category candidates.
- Candidate who claim to belong to Hyderabad and Karnataka regions need to provide the certificate to confirm it.
COMEDK UGET 2018 Seat allotment
The seat allotment process will start in the month of July. Before the commencement of seat allotment, live seat allotment will be conducted. Candidates will get to check their seats in it. For medical and dental seat allotment, NEET Score will be considered. The seat allotment process will be conducted in two rounds.
For the first round of seat allotment, COMEDK prepares the merit list of the candidates after verifying the documents. Candidates having higher ranks will be given preference for seat allocation. The candidates need to submit the original documents with demand draft.
For the second round of seat allotment, it will be conducted after the first round of seat allotment. Unfilled/surrendered/canceled/newly added seat is allocated to the candidates. That candiate who get the seat in the first round can also appear for the second round of seat allotment.
COMEDK UGET Participating Institutes 2018
There will be 160 engineering colleges taking part for COMEDK. In the addition, 150 medical/ dental colleges also grant admission on the basis of COMEDK exam. For B.Tech/B.Arch courses the COMEDK Score will be considered, whereas, for medical and dental courses, the NEET score will be considered.
Here is the list of some top participating institutes in COMEDK
- BMS college of engineering
- RV College of Engineering
- MVJ College of Engineering
- Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering
- MS Ramaiah Institute of Engineering
- PES Institute of technology
- The Oxford College of Engineering
For MBBSE colleges
There are 23 dental and 14 medical colleges under COMEDK 2018. Candidates can get admission in these colleges on the basis of their NEET Score. For it to happen, the candidate needs to participate in the counselling process which will take place in July 2018.
A merit list will be prepared based on the ranks attained by the candidates. Moreover, the selected candidates need to select the course on the basis of their rank and marks in NEET.
COMEDK UGET 2018 FAQs – Asked Questions
1. Is there any Government authorized colleges under COMEDK examination?
No, under COMEDK, there are only private colleges. You can check the list of all the participating colleges in COMEDK’18 through the given link.
2. Should I take a one year drop to prepare for the COMEDK exam?
No, the COMEDK syllabus is originally based on the 10 + 2 level. The difficulty level of the COMEDK examination question is not as high as the JEE Main Examination. One can prepare for this exam while giving his/her class 12th exams. So, the candidate should prefer to apply for this examination directly after the class 12th exams.
3. Can I appear in the pen-paper mode for COMEDK exam?
No, any candidate isn’t allowed to appear in the pen-paper mode for COMEDK exam. It is an online test and therefore, the candidates can only give the computer-based test. Under any of the circumstances, authority doesn’t allow any of the candidates to appear for offline mode. Check COMEDK Exam Pattern.
4. Can I put the black and white photograph on the application form of COMEDK?
No, it’s not allowed to put the black and white photograph on the application form. It is must for the applicant to put a recent colored photograph with the light background. The applicant should be sure that the photograph has the full-face view looking directly into the camera. The face shouldn’t be covered by the hair, shadow or any cloth. The format of the photograph should be JPEG with size less than 80kb and dimensions 30mm x 45mm. And candidate should use the same photograph for the further processes, as it will be convenient for the authorities as well as the candidate. Check how to fill the COMEDK registration form.
5. What is the process for engineering seat intake under COMEDK?
On the basis of the COMEDK exam, more than 160 engineering colleges give admissions. More than 19,000 seats in engineering colleges are allotted to the candidates who appear for the COMEDK. This year, the expectations for the allotment of the seats are 20,000. A centralized process is conducted for the allotment of COMEDK seat. The process for the seat allotment goes step by step. This year, the first seat allotment will begin from the first week of July, until the first week July’18. Check COMEDK seat intake.
6. Who is eligible for B. E / B. Tech.?
To appear for the exam of COMEDK, it is compulsory for the candidate to be 12th passed. Candidates who are appearing for the 12th board exams as well some other equivalent exam can also appear for COMEDK. To be eligible for B. E. / B. Tech., it is necessary for the candidate to opt Physics and Mathematics as their core subjects, along with an optional subject which could be Chemistry, Biology, Bio-Technology, Electronics, and Computer Science in the class 11th and class 12th. To appear for the COMEDK, candidates need to have a minimum percentage which is considered category-wise – For general category, it is 45% and for SC/ ST category, it is 40%. Candidates who have passed their Diplomas can’t appear for this exam. And also, COMEDK doesn’t get accredited for the lateral admissions. Check COMEDK Eligibility.