Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test will be conducted by the BITS Pilani through online mode tentatively from the third week of May to last week of May 2018. This entrance exam will take place to give admission in various courses under integrated first-degree programmes of engineering at three campuses namely – Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad. Moreover, it will also offer seats for graduate and postgraduate courses at its different campuses.
Candidate can refer the article to know about the BITSAT 2018 Notification, eligibility criteria, admit card, application form, result, scorecard, counselling, cut off, counselling procedure and much more.
Key points of BITSAT 2018
- Candidates are eligible to give BITSAT 2018 if they have passed their 12th standard examination.
- They should have attained at least 75% marks in the PCM/PCB to apply for BITSAT 2018.
- The eligibility criteria for different course vary.
- It will be conducted through online mode i.e. computer-based examination.
BITSAT 2018 Exam Dates
The exam will be conducted from 3rd week of May 2018 onwards in different slots. The candidate interested to give this examination should meet the eligibility criteria prior to the exam. Here is the list of important dates which will the help the candidate to plan their preparation well.
|1||BITSAT 2018 Online Application form||Second week of January, 2018|
|2||Last date to submit BITSAT 2018 Application Form||First week of March, 2018|
|3||Application Form correction||Second week of March, 2018|
|4||BITSAT 2018 Online Slot Booking||Third week of March, 2018 onwards|
|5||BITSAT 2018 Admit Card Download||Admit Card Download begins from|
|6||BITSAT 2018 Examination||Third week of May 2018 onwards|
|7||Announcement of Waiting list||First week of July 2018|
BITSAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
BITSAT 2018 will be conducted to give admissions to candidates in its different campuses. Before applying for this examination candidates need to meet the eligibility criteria for this exam. Here are the eligibility criteria for various courses mentioned below.
Eligibility criteria for B. E (Hons), M. Sc.(Hons) and M. Sc. (Tech.) programs:
- Candidates are required to pass 12th standard from a recognizes board, with subjects namely – Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as the main subject.
- They should have scored at least 75% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and mathematics subject.
- Also, they need to obtain minimum 60% marks in each subject individually mentioned above.
Eligibility Criteria for B. Pharma ( Hons.) programs
- Candidate should have passed 12th standard with 75% aggregate marks.
- They must have subjects, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as the main subjects.
- Candidates should have scored minimum 60% marks in the subjects individually mentioned above.
BITSAT Application form 2018
The application form will get available online, from the second week of January 2018. It will be available until 1st week of March 2018. Before filling the application form candidate needs to register them. Here are the steps for registration:
BITSAT 2018 Registration Form
The registration can be performed in online mode only. The candidate should carefully read all the instructions about filling the application form. Candidate needs to follow these steps for successful registration.
1. Visit the official website of BITSAT (bitsadmission.com).
2. Click on the link “Registration.”
3. Enter the details like name, gender, date of birth and valid email id.
4. Next, click on the submit button and complete the registration process.
Filling the application form of BITSAT 2018
After successful registration, the next step is the fill the application form by following the steps given below:
1. Enter your personal and academic details.
2. Enter the qualifying details.
3. Once the details have been filled, enter the test preferences.
4. Verify all the details filled on the application form before submitting it.
BITSAT 2018 Payment of Application Fee
The payment of application fee for BITSAT 2018 can be made through online and offline mode.
1. After submitting the application form, you will be redirected to the payment gateway.
2. Select the payment mode and pay the fee.
Save the application form
1. Save the application form after completing the procedure.
2. Candidate should take the printouts of application form for future use.
BITSAT 2018 Application Fee
The application fee has been revised in the earlier session. Candidate can pay the fee via online or offline mode. The online payment can be made by credit card/ debit card or net banking and for offline payment; candidates need to make a bank challan.
The application fee for BITSAT 2018 depends on the gender of the candidate and on other factors. Let’s go through the list to check the fee.
- For male candidates, the application fee is Rs.2750.
- For female candidates the application fee is Rs.2200.
- For NRI candidates the application fee is $60.
BITSAT Slot Booking 2018
The slot booking procedure will start once the BITSAT registration is completed. The expected date to book a slot is from 3rd week of March 2018. The candidates are required to successfully register to book a slot for the exam. The slot booking will be performed on the first come first serve basis. Candidate needs to enter the 6 digits application number, email id and date of birth to log in. Next, choose and select the test location, date time and save the details.
BITSAT 2018 Admit card
The admit card will get available from the 3rd week of April 2018. Here are the steps to download the admit card from BITSAT websites.
- Candidate needs to visit the official website of BITSAT i.e. www.bitsadmission.ac.in.
- Then enter the application number, date of birth, gender and email-id.
- Click on the proceed button
- BITSAT Admit card will display on the screen
- Verify all the details on the admit card.
- Then click on the download button to download the admit card.
- Candidate is advised to take multiple copies of the admit card for future use.
- In case, there is any discrepancy or wrong information on the admit card, the candidate can report to the conducting authority of this exam. New admit card will e generated with correct information.
BITSAT 2018 Exam Pattern
The exam will be conducted via online mode i.e. computer-based examination. Candidates will get 6 sections to attempt namely, physics, mathematics, chemistry, English proficiency and logical reasoning. The time duration of the examination is 3 hours.
- There will be 150 questions.
- For every right answer, 3 marks will be allotted.
- For every wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
- Those candidates who will finish 150 questions before 3 hours of duration, they will get an advantage to solve 12 more questions from Physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
- From physics 40 questions will be asked.
- From Chemistry 40 questions will be asked.
- From Mathematics 45 questions will be asked.
- From English proficiency, 15 questions will be asked.
- From logical reasoning, 10 questions will be asked.
BITSAT 2018 Mock Test
BISAT mock test will be provided for the candidates:
- To prepare good and score better in the exam.
- The mock test will be set according to the pattern set by BITSAT 2018.
- Candidates can attempt them and know their preparation status.
- It is important to solve the mock test and sample papers. This will help the candidates to their preparation and improve in the weak fields.
BITSAT 2018 Syllabus
Candidates are required to carefully study their 12th standard subjects, physics, chemistry, and mathematics. From physics and chemistry, 40 questions will be asked individually. From mathematics, 45 questions will be asked.
Here is the section-wise distribution of syllabus and important syllabus;
Syllabus for Physics:
- There will be 40 questions on different topics of the 11th and 12th standard.
- As per the analysis, a number of questions asked from the 11th standard.
- A maximum number of questions are asked from current electricity and then from electrostatics.
- Both conceptual and numerical questions are asked.
Syllabus for Chemistry:
- There will 40 questions from this section and they will be asked from the topics covered in the 11th and 12th standard.
- From in-organics, chemistry maximum number of questions will be asked followed by organic and physical chemistry.
- In this subject, there will be more conceptual questions than numerical questions.
- A maximum number of questions will be asked from the Chemical kinetics and thermodynamics.
Syllabus for Mathematics:
- This section comprises of 45 questions asked from the topics covered in the 11th and 12th standard.
- For this subject, there will be more questions from 12th standard.
- A maximum number of questions will be asked from indefinite integrals followed by vectors and 3 D.
- The difficulty level of this examinations ranges from medium to high.
Syllabus for logical reasoning and English proficiency:
- English proficiency section checks the general proficiency of the candidate in English.
- The candidate should have the knowledge of basic grammar, vocabulary, and ability to read fast and comprehend.
- Moreover, the candidate should be able to apply the elements of effective writing.
- For logical reasoning sections exam, the ability to think logically to perceive date accurately, understand relationships.
- Figure out the patterns and missing number or words correctly.
- This section examines the verbal and non- verbal reasoning ability of the candidate.
BITSAT 2018 Sample Papers
Candidates targeting to clear the online entrance exams of BITS, Pilani should check and solve the BITSAT 2018 sample papers. This paper will help the students to understand the pattern of the question paper as well as the variety of the questions. Solving BITSAT 2018 papers on the regular basis, will help the students to cope up on their weak points and improve for the better. This will also help them to improve them on their frequent mistakes perform better on the main BITSAT exam day. The students who will solve the papers will definitely build up the confidence for the main BITSAT paper. This will even help them to edge over others when they will appear in the BITSAT Exam. To know more about the sample papers, go through the given article.
BITSAT 2018 Answer Key
BITS Pilani isn’t authorized to release the BITSAT 2018 answer key. Whenever the exam conducting authority comes up with the results for BITSAT 2018, it will be provided here. BITSAT answer key has the right and correct answers of all the questions of BITSAT 2018 question test. The BITSAT answer key which is provided here will be very useful for the candidates. Candidates can check and compare the answers that they have marked on the real answer sheet with this answer key and calculate the approximate marks that they will secure on the main entrance test. Along with the officially provided answer key, some of the famous institutes also release the answer key.
Best preparation books for BITSAT
As the NCERT contains the fundamental basics of the whole syllabus, so officially NCERT is recommended by the BITS for BITSAT as its syllabus. Though NCERT can do your job for Chemistry, but for practice of Physics and Mathematics, it seems to be insufficient. For these two subjects, candidates are recommended to go for the books provided in their coaching classes and solve as many questions as they can.
BITSAT 2018 Exam Center
Candidate can fill the exam center as their preferences in the application form. Here is the list of exam centers for BITSAT 2018 given below:
- Patna Pilani Campus BITs
- Dubai Campus of BITS
- Goa Campus of BITs
- Hyderabad city
The candidate can choose three exam centers for BITSAT 2018. Out of three choices filled one will be allotted to the candidates. In case of choosing Delhi as an exam center, the only choice can be filled. These candidates will be allowed only Delhi to the exam center to appear in BITSAT 2018.
It should be noted that BITs Pilani doesn’t ensure that the exam will be conducted in all the test centers mentioned. Some of the centers may get cancelled in any urgency arises. Then candidates will be allotted alternate exam centers including Pilani/Goa/Hyderabad campuses.
Candidate who gets the test center in BITs Pilani/Goa/Hyderabad campuses, will get the accommodation in reasonable charges, in the hostel. It is important that the applicant should follow all the rules and regulations of BITSAT 2018 exam center. In case, they don’t follow the rule, they will be debarred from the exam.
All the exam centers will have CCTV surveillance. Moreover, the candidate’s activities will be recorded for security reasons and for their identity authenticity.
BITSAT 2018 Result
The result will be declared in the month of July 2018. The result will get available on the official website of BITSAT. Here are the steps to successfully see the result:
- Visit the official website of BITSAT
- Click on the link “Result”
- Then enter the application number, course name, and password.
- Next, click on the Submit button
- BITSAT Scorecard will appear on the screen.
BITSAT 2018 College Predictor
It is the tool which can be used to predict the college candidate can get as per their score in BITSAT 2018. It helps the candidate to know the colleges they can get before the declaration of official result. Candidate can follow the steps given below to know the predicted colleges
- The candidate needs to first register to use this tool.
- They can log in using their email ids or google ids.
- For registration, they need to enter their mobile number, email address, and name.
- After the registration process, they should enter the BITSAT 2018 score and click on the Predict now button.
- The predicted colleges will get displayed on the screen.
BITSAT 2018 Participating Institutes
There are three participating institutes to give admission to candidates in various courses. These institutes are different campuses of BITs Pilani Goa, and Hyderabad. Over 2000 admissions are given for first degree programmes of engineering. Every year nearly 2 lakh candidates appear in this engineering examination.
BITSAT 2018 Cut Off
The qualifying mark which is needed to be scored by the candidate to get admission in BITs institutes is the cut off for BITSAT 2018. It will ensure that candidates will appear for counselling procedure. The cut off is determined by the following factors.
- A total number of appearing candidates in the BITSAT 2018 exam.
- The difficulty level of exam.
- Last year cut off mark
- Average marks scored by the candidates
BITSAT 2018 Counselling
The counselling process will be conducted by the BITs, Pilani after the declaration of result. The counselling will start from the first week of July 2018. BITs Pilani is the conducting body of the exam. The allotment is expected to be conducted in the four iterations.
- Qualifying candidates need to participate in the counselling process. It will start in the 2nd week of August 2018.
- There will be four rounds of counselling for BITSAT 2018.
- For each iteration the result will be announced. It will have the name of the candidate, called for the counselling.
- To appear in the admission process, the candidate needs BITSAT admission form along with 10+2 examination marks and preferences of degree programs offered by the institutes.
- The topper of any board, state or central board in the year 2018, will be given admission in the course as desired by the candidate.
- BITs Pilani ensures that all the toppers of their respective boards get the admission in their interested course.
- The only condition that a candidate needs to fulfill is that he/she should have attained at least 75% aggregate marks in PCM/PCB in 12th standard.
- They also need to obtain 60 % marks individually in the subjects mentioned above.
- Candidate should be a state board or a central board of science field.
BITSAT 2018 Counselling process
- The counselling process is fully online.
- Candidate needs to submit the admission application form along with 10+2 marks and preference to various programs offered.
- Take out the print out of application form.
- Next, they have to send the hard copy of BITSAT admission application form with attested copies of 10th standard certificate and 12th standard mark sheet.
- Birla Institute of technology and science will assign admission to candidates on the basis of their merit rank.
- The allotment will be made depending on the preferences they have filled in.
- After the 4th phase of counselling, the candidate will get to see the final result and seat allotment in the official website of Bits i.e. www.bitsadmission.com.
- Candidates who got the seat will need to pay the admission fee.
- They also need to complete the required formalities to confirm the admission.
- Direct admission will be given to the boards toppers.
BITSAT counselling procedure is divided into four steps. The procedure is as follows:
- Candidate needs to complete the BITSAT admission form and submit it before the March 2018.
- For iteration the announcement will be made after filling the BITSAT admission form.
- Result for admission and waiting list after the first iteration will be declared.
- A candidate who confirms their admission needs to pay the admission fee.
- If the seat is left vacant, the candidate from the waiting list will be called for the subsequent round of counselling process.
Counselling application form
Candidates can fill the counselling application form from the online platform. The application form needs to be submitted along with 12th standard marks. Also, the candidate will enter their preferences for colleges and courses.
Here are the steps to fill the counselling application form.
Enter personal details
- Visit the official website of BITSAT i.e. www.bitsadmission.com.
- Click on the “counselling application form.”
- Complete the counselling application form by entering the application form number along with the personal details like name, mobile number, email id and category.
Enter educational details
- Candidates need to enter their 12th standard details in the BITSAT admission form.
- If the candidate does not have the results, then also he/she can submit the details by logging in.
- Candidate needs to select the order of their preferences available in BITs.
- They are advised to verify the details while submitting, as once the form has been submitted will not get edited later. Hence, they need to verify it.
For those candidates who do not have 12th standard marks, they need to take the print out of fresh BITSAT admission form with the words written on the tops- Original Form Submitted. This fresh application form will be sent to the institute. For doing so, no additional charges will be levied on the candidate. The counselling process starts in the first week of July 2018. It will take place in iterations in which admission and the waiting list of the candidate will be published.
- The counselling process will start after the result declaration. This process will continue for a week. It will be performed in two steps:
- Document verification
- Seat allotment in various campuses and courses.
- The counselling process will take place in four rounds and it will continue till August 2018.
- The seats will be assigned to the candidate as per the merit list.
- The waiting list of the candidate will be taken into consideration for next round of seat allotment.
- Candidates having lower ranks are invited for 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds of counselling.
BITSAT 2018 Seat allotment criteria
Once the candidate has selected the campus and course, they need to confirm the admission by paying the admission fee. There are some steps which are involved in BITSAT seat allotment process.
- A total number of seats available on campus.
- A total number of seats available in the respective course.
- Withdrawals and non- reporting numbers.
- Marks attained in 10+2.
- Board topper status.
- Rank of the candidate in BITSAT 2018.
- Reservation criteria
- A number of seat remaining after completion of each round.
Documents required for counselling
- Attested copy of 10th mark sheet/ Secondary school certificate issued by the board.
- Attested copy of the mark sheet of qualifying and other higher university/ Board examination passed.
- The receipt of the payment fee.
- BITSAT scorecard, counselling letter.
- Category certificate ( if applicable)
- Passport size colored photograph.
- Any valid photo id proof
How to Prepare for BITSAT 2018
Before the few final months, approx. two to three months before the BITSAT exam, candidate should start focusing on their speed and accuracy of solving the questions.
Candidates should work on the questions that are mainly concept based instead of wasting their time in lengthier questions. As 70 percent of the BITSAT exam paper is formula based, so candidates should learn all the formulas and equations by heart and have them on their fingertips.
The most essential thing other than all the tips and tricks is being skilled in time management. The candidates who are able to answer the questions within few seconds are the one who moves forward toward the victory. Divide your time for separate questions as per the quality of the question.
Candidate should solve last 10 years questions papers nicely before their exam. Through this, they can have good practice and rhythm on different types of questions. The questions are simple but one needs to have higher accuracy and good speed.
For Best Books for Preparations of BITSAT Exam please refer to BITSAT exam books.
BITSAT 2018 Preparation Tips
- Choose any subject or any topic, keeping in mind the marks weightage in BITSAT Examination.
- Divide your syllabus in several steps and complete them step by step.
- Learn, revise and master. Practise and solve as many mock papers you can and make you perfect in that particular topic.
- Focus and stick to your study plans.
- Be skilled in time management through daily practice of sample papers.
BITSAT 2018 FAQs – Asked Questions
1. Is there any other application procedure for NRIs?
There isn’t any separate procedure for NRIs. But candidates having citizenship other than India can apply under the category of International students’ admission scheme.
2. I have attempted BITSAT 2017, but my marks were below the BITSAT cut-off. Can I apply for the BITSAT 2018?
Yes, you can apply for BITSAT 2018 Examination.
3. I have made a mistake while filling up the BITSAT application form, how can I edit the data?
On the second week of March, a link is provided by the authorities, specifically for editing the BITSAT application form. Through this you can edit your details and can reconfirm for the other data provided by you.
4. I have filled the online BITSAT 2018 application form, but I havenâ€™t taken out the printout. How to get the printout of it now?
Visit the official page of BITSAT and enter your login details along with your allotted BITSAT application number. The form will be automatically displayed on the screen, get out its printout.
5. My main subjects in class 12th are Physics, Chemistry and Biology, so am I eligible to appear for BITSAT 2018 exam?
Students who have Physics, Chemistry and Biology as their main subjects in class 12th can apply for BITSAT 2018, but they are eligible for only B. Pharm. Program.
6. I am having problem in accessing the BITSAT 2018 online application form. Can I apply for the BITSAT 2018 indirectly via email or post?
BITSAT application forms aren’t accepted via email and post. If you are having any specific error regarding BITSAT application form, then you can mail your issues at [email protected] with the required details.